Klaassen ‘wants to fight for his chance’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Ferguson

Player Valuation: £225k
Tom Ferguson submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Klaassen ‘wants to fight for his chance’
klaassen-1024x716.jpg

Davy Klaassen hasn’t set L4 alight since his £23.6 million move from Ajax in the summer, and is one of a number of players being linked with a January exit.

But despite only seeing 180 minutes of Premier League action all season, the Netherlands international isn’t giving up on his Everton career.

Speaking to Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, Klaassen’s agent Soren Lerby said: “Of course Davy is not satisfied with his role. But he wants to fight for his chance.”

And when he was asked about the potential of his client leaving the Toffees, he confirmed he had “not heard anything from club management.”

Klaassen hasn’t made a single league appearance since September’s 2-1 win against Bournemouth.

For me we just can’t write someone off who has been here 6 months.

He (and Sandro) have obviously found it difficult to adapt to the Premier league. And the fact neither are in the match day squad at all is definitely a cause for concern. But they need atleast a full season and to be given chances in games before completely writing them off.

I haven't had Edam in years. Generally don't eat cheese any more but really fancy some now.

if they offered Gouda instead I'd snap their hand off :) Far nicer than edam.

on the subject of Klaasen, I think he should get a run of games. He seems a technically good footballer and moves the ball well. Possibly light weight for the division, but then Coutinho isn't exactly big. Maybe a loan for him and Sanchez to the championship/lower prem for 6 months to get them up to speed of English football.

Mhikitarian didn't play at all up to Xmas his first year, but I doubt anyone would be calling him crap now?

Status
Not open for further replies.