Homepage Update: Allardyce has his say on Klaassen’s future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Ferguson

Player Valuation: £225k
Tom Ferguson submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Allardyce has his say on Klaassen’s future
davyklaassen-1024x461.jpg

Davy Klaassen’s Everton nightmare could come to a temporary end before Wednesday night’s deadline, according to Sam Allardyce.

The Dutch international was the Blues’ second arrival of the summer window, signing for a fee reported to be around the £24 million mark.

Klaassen has mustered up a total of 180 minutes of playing time in the Premier League this campaign, his last league appearance came in September’s 2-1 win over Bournemouth.

The former Ajax skipper has only made the cut in one match day squad since Allardyce’s appointment, that coming on the night Craig Shakespeare took charge of Everton’s dead rubber Europa League clash against Apollon Limassol.

When questioned on Klaassen’s future, Allardyce said: “Because he's never appeared on the subs bench I think it would benefit him and the club if he moved on - just on loan.

“Because maybe next season he might be good enough. You look at how many players don't make it in the first season from abroad and there's hundreds and hundreds of them.

"He's quite willing to sit and stay and fight for his place but maybe at this stage it might be better if he goes and plays some football. I think that would benefit him and give him the opportunity to play - and then a full pre-season next season and you wait and see.

“All I can say is there are hundreds and hundreds of players who don’t work in year one - and every football club in the Premier League has had lots and lots of players who in the first year don’t get to the level they thought.

“That’s been the case with Davy, which is unfortunate for us and unfortunate for him, because the high expectations which came with him.

“But I think to get games in and rebuild confidence a loan would be the best way for the club and the best way for Davy, if that’s possible.”

couldnt agree more with him to be honest, hes no where near being our number 10 where he played at ajax. hes at least third choice now and will probs be 4th next season when dowell comes back unless things change, needs to learn to adapt more as a centre midfield but looks too lightweight for it when ive seen him

rangers would be a good team to ship him off to, he'll get leathered round by yard dogs most weeks but play in fairly high profile games in the old firm and two edinburgh teams

You'd probs think im a bit mad for saying that but i think players come back better from loans doing well at decent sides then being in a relegation battle so unless he went to a championship club chasing promotion i think that's a decent option. he was linked with celtic aswell but theyve just got that musonda

(dons helmet waiting for response)

Sam's clearly decided he's not up to spec so fair enough. Not sure that saying he's not good enough for us at the moment really sells him though! Especially given the absolute state of our midfield.

Wonder where he'll end up?

Imagine signing a Europa league finalist captain for 25 million, with loads of goals and assists, never playing him or even giving him a chance in a team lacking in both goals and assists. Then cry he has no confidence 5 months later

Another example of how bad the club has got.

It's been hard for the lad, what with our midfield being so boss and everything.

But only getting 180 premier minutes isnt exactly what I'd call giving the lad a chance. And from memory he seemef to make things happen in those early minutes.

If the manager has no intention of playing him I supppose a loan would be best for him. Would have prefered a premier club though to get him used to the pace of our game.

It's been hard for the lad, what with our midfield being so boss and everything.

But only getting 180 premier minutes isnt exactly what I'd call giving the lad a chance. And from memory he seemef to make things happen in those early minutes.

If the manager has no intention of playing him I supppose a loan would be best for him. Would have prefered a premier club though to get him used to the pace of our game.

You might want to get your memory tested. He was awful.

He helped with Rooney goal against stoke mate. Drew the defenders away with his running.

In fact that was a rare moment this season us countering a team like that.

if thats literally all he did, run the near post for a cross its hardly a glowing endorsement

..there’s no doubt the lad can play, he’s a footballer brought up through the ranks at Ajax. The problem is he’s not the type of midfielder we needed, he’s similar to others we’d already acquired. Where we needed pace, power and athleticism we brought in another who didn’t offer that.

Amazing that football people oversaw the summer transfer business.

..there’s no doubt the lad can play, he’s a footballer brought up through the ranks at Ajax. The problem is he’s not the type of midfielder we needed, he’s similar to others we’d already acquired. Where we needed pace, power and athleticism we brought in another who didn’t offer that.

Amazing that football people oversaw the summer transfer business.

You have to consider @Eggs are they really football people, or just having a laugh.....!

I wish we had a half competent person who could deal with our transfers and squad building.

Status
Not open for further replies.