Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurs are out of European football if they don't win next week vs Leeds. For that reason I can kid myself we still have a good chance even with a Leeds win today.
Leicester meanwhile - a win for them tomorrow & they would surely also win at home to West Ham next week.

Pretty irrational but I'm probably more worried about Leicester tomorrow than this game today. Just the finality of knowing a Leicester win virtually relegates us.
Couple of things to weigh against that:

Newcastle are all but qualified for the CL. But Howe will be telling his players that with Chelsea away for them last game they could lose it by a couple of goals and Liverpool play S'ton and could conceivably win that by 6/7/8 goals.

Also, Newcastle will want to make a statement and finish above United.

I cannot see Leicester getting a draw much less a win.

This game today is what it's all about. It comes down to this IMO.

Newcastle are all but qualified for the CL. But Howe will be telling his players that with Chelsea away for them last game they could lose it by a couple of goals and Liverpool play S'ton and could conceivably win that by 6/7/8 goals.

I think there’s something in this. It’s a break out season for them, they’ll want to finish strongly.

I'm not sure anyone sees Chelsea as a difficult fixture these days TBH. But I agree NUFC will be desperate for the win tomorrow

How do you see it playing out?

I think we cant be any more competitive then what we have been with what we have available, Dyche has gotten 18 points from his 17 games, a great return with the quality we have available and basically a team without a Centre forward. Broke my heart yesterday watching us without a striker and full backs and our most creative players playing in the back line. I think hes done an incredible job given the context and we're fighting.

I see Leicester and Leeds getting minimum a draw each mate in this round mate - one could win, im expecting results from them. If they dont its a bonus. But i think its a big ask for both to get five points from two they have to earn five points to our 4 -, if we take care of Bourmouth and that's simply what we have to do no buts no maybes, that's our controllable - If we dont we deserve to go down. So its about nerve, focus and holding that space this week - its a special type of purgatory. Its all on Bourmouth for me. I always felt it would be first past the post to 35.

It all comes down to the last game - the big question is are we good enough, the team will be given every chance - there is no where else you would want that game to be played but Goodision it will be a bear pit.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.