Homepage Update: Reflections on Koeman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can remember the first game under koeman against spurs, the high press the intensity that we played with. Pretty sure that was the last time we saw that. Absolutely no plan A or plan b for Koeman. Once Lukaku wasn't replaced it was curtains for old big head koeman.

The loss of Lukaku messed him up even more. But he had ample opportunities to buy another striker but once Giroud did one he turned down every other striker we could have signed.

And that was that really.

Such an odd bloke.

Ironically saw a load of my Saints mates begging for him to come back there which amused me.

If we'd have been relegated then you wouldn't be saying that lad. I agree it was awful having to go to Goodison to watch that shower but at least we stayed in the league with him in charge.

Don't get me wrong, koeman was utterly terrible in that second season but we fired him at the right time, but them 6 months in charge with fatty I honestly hated going the game even when we were going, never in my life felt like that, going to the game even when winning was a chore, horrible man

2dz7gd.jpg

Don't get me wrong, koeman was utterly terrible in that second season but we fired him at the right time, but them 6 months in charge with fatty I honestly hated going the game even when we were going, never in my life felt like that, going to the game even when winning was a chore, horrible man
Tbf the months before that were just as bad. That terrorings at the hands of Arsenal and Atalanta stick out. Thank god for Marco

My reflection on Koeman? An unmitigated disaster, lazy, didn't get the club, with a dreadful attitude.

Kudos to those that saw the very first warning sign when he refused to break off his holiday on his appointment. I must admit I didn't.

Some of the signings made were good, but who had real input in those is anyone's guess.

He has always going to benefit sooner or later from the Netherlands managerial merry-go-round, such is football.

At club level, I don't think any side of any significance will touch him in the future, despite his Barcelona interest **sniggers**.

Well this thread was only going to go one way.

Since then Koeman has taken over a poor Netherlands side.
Record:
Lost his first match against England 1-0.
Drew with Italy, Belgium and Slovkia
Won against Germany, Portugal, Peru.
Lost to France in France's 'homecoming match' after their WC win, which no side was going to win.
Not a bad record compared with where they were last year.

Dutch were certainties to get relegated from there Nations League group with France and Germany.
Now it looks like Germany will.

Def Koeman could have done things a lot better.
But in hindsight, if you look at the difference in teams, it might have a lot to do with it.
How much blame should be attributed to the signings, Walsh and others is a mute point really.

Just maybe, the Blues are better off for having gone through the Koeman, Unsworth and BFS dark ages.
A period of Enlightenment to come?

but he did, he destroyed the club for me for the 6 months he was in charge

koeman was also a blurt but his first year was fine

But he didn’t, he left the team no worse off than he found it. Koeman’s first year, in hindsight, was awful outside of a very good run of HOME form after the new year which was almost solely down to Lukaku banging in goals for fun and being 100% of our attacking threat. Then summer 2017 happened. Between him and Walsh I’ve never seen a worse dereliction of duty in football in my life. What followed for the first 4 months of that season was startling.

Just to go against the grain, will point out that the current spine of our side is down to Koeman / Walsh transfers.

Pickford
Keane
Gueye
Sigurdsson

Also gives me an excuse to bring out this old photo of our manager / DOF from the behind the scenes Everton Documentary.

View attachment 51065

That was also the spine of the side last season, which just goes to show even more what a horrendous team was actually built around it.

But he didn’t, he left the team no worse off than he found it. Koeman’s first year, in hindsight, was awful outside of a very good run of HOME form after the new year which was almost solely down to Lukaku banging in goals for fun and being 100% of our attacking threat. Then summer 2017 happened. Between him and Walsh I’ve never seen a worse dereliction of duty in football in my life. What followed for the first 4 months of that season was startling.

for clarity, im saying they are both shambolic managers, but OVERALL I hated fat sams home games more than koemans home games

Always felt he first and foremost didn't take the club seriously, was here to collect paychecks. It was clear.

Him doing great things with Dutch NT atm is quite interesting. All in all, maybe not a terrible manager but indeed an awful personality, lack of professionalism out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.