Homepage Update: Reflections on Koeman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have said he and Walsh were equally awful here, but I think time has been kind to Walsh and quite the opposite to Koeman.

I'd have said the only good signings Walsh made were Pickford, Gueye (I think he was Walsh?) and arguably Rooney. Today, I'd happily add Keane and Sigurdsson to that list, though they weren't as cheap as Gueye. After all, it's not really Walsh's fault Sigurdsson played a season in the wrong position and Keane played with one leg for months on end.

I'm not saying Walsh did well, mind, just nowhere near as poorly as I first thought.

I don't think you can compare Koeman and Allardyce. They were brought in with different objectives. Koeman was brought in to manage the club on a long term (football wise) contract. At the time he was appointed, he was 'the future'. Allardyce came in as a firefighter with specific short-term objectives and was relatively successful. It's history now and I'm just glad that neither has any connection whatsoever with our Everton.

but he did, he destroyed the club for me for the 6 months he was in charge

koeman was also a blurt but his first year was fine
If we'd have been relegated then you wouldn't be saying that lad. I agree it was awful having to go to Goodison to watch that shower but at least we stayed in the league with him in charge.

our fans wind me up in a way though

Martinez we got to two semis and finished 11th, tho we were getting increasingly worse he was sacked.

Koeman comes in bombs out the cups but cos we won more home games basically our fans (on the whole) went into the end of the season happy

realistically for us surely a season finishing 11th but a proper go at the cups is better than 7th?

i didnt like him from day 1 tbh, he wasnt willing to get behind his own role.

pretty much all his signings have proved to be sh*te too

Just to go against the grain, will point out that the current spine of our side is down to Koeman / Walsh transfers.

Pickford
Keane
Gueye
Sigurdsson

Also gives me an excuse to bring out this old photo of our manager / DOF from the behind the scenes Everton Documentary.

FEA4688C-2DA2-43D0-8D99-8B52BD2D2CDF.jpeg

Lost a key player that he didn't replace.Hard to figure out watching the game v City at Goodison how it all went wrong so relatively quickly.

I think he would've done much better without Walsh. He had a decent first season after the Martinez debacle. Just look back to those interviews where he was kicking off over not signing players. There was definitely something not right.

On the other hand, he was mean to prince oumar, so I hope he gets bad aids.

Said from the start it was an utterly unambitious and bang average appointment that would simply lead to us wasting time over the two or three seasons before he left or was sacked. Dull boring choice by Moshiri who laughably wanted us to have a big name to match Mourinho Guardiola and others, rather than picking us a decent progressive coach.

Never thought it would play out as badly as it did though.

Status
Not open for further replies.