Ray Wilson RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
..just seeing this, gutted. I’m on record as saying he is one of only 3 truly world class players I have seen play for the Blues. Truly a class act and I am honoured to have seen him play.

Thanks for the memories.
Ball and Big Nev the others?
I started off as a goalie but played left back for my school etc...Ray was a great inspiration but I would have been content with a hundredth of the talent he had

Ball and Big Nev the others?
I started off as a goalie but played left back for my school etc...Ray was a great inspiration but I would have been content with a hundredth of the talent he had

..yep. Wilson was terrific. I think he as another who started life as a left winger. If I remember rightly, he actually went to the 1962 World Cup and played with the great Denis Law in a Huddersfield team managed by a certain Bill Shankley.

Sorry and sad to hear this. RIP Ray another of the greats that I had the pleasure to watch in the sixties. Precious few remain. I didn't realize he fought alzheimers since 2004.

Best full back ever. Always looked good lifting the Jules Rimet Trophy which every Evertonian had fond memories of in 66.

My dad said the best full back he’s ever seen play for the club. One of wilson’s biggest regrets allegedly, was that he didn’t join Everton sooner out of his loyalty to Huddersfield. Top player, top man. RIP Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.