Ray Wilson RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best left backs to play for the blues English international signed at his peak -RIP - one of the first genera of an an overlapping full back -RIP sad news-
2018516_164214.jpg

One of my early heroes and saw him play at West Brom in about 1968. My dad took me and he fell on to me as we were sat in the front row of one of the stands. It left a lasting impression... and of course, once Everton has touched... In my case Ray Wilson... Sad day indeed.

Sky have just done a section about him , not one word of Everton, any young fans watching would have thought he only played for Huddersfield and England.
Rip never got to see him but everyone I know that did rated him highly.

The fact that Ramon had been unwell for a great many years gives you an illustration of his renowned fighting qualities.
I feel honoured at being able to see him play in an Everton shirt.
RIP sir.

He was such a cultured left back, one of the best I have seen. Such great memories of him. Joins that great club in the sky! RIP Ray.

Only privileged to see Ray play a times when I was a kid. Absolute class. Hes now in good company with the pantheon of our blue aristocrats. Rest In Peace, Ramon.

The best left back I've seen at Everton - and we've had some decent ones down the years. Lovely man too, by all accounts. Rest in peace, Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.