Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was a list of excuses too for Ancelotti finishing 12th and then 10th. Personally I think he failed as our manager and Benitez is destined to fail too, I never ever wanted him. But there definitely is this weird narrative that Ancelotti was great, he has this bizarre cult following on here. He did nothing for us, 10th and 59 points in the most messed up season of all time across the board is not some great achievement. We also played the worst football I’ve ever seen in my time watching the club.
100% This! Some people are blinded by the points total and think that it means something. The reality is that 9 other teams were better than us last season. We were bottom of the top half.

100% This! Some people are blinded by the points total and think that it means something. The reality is that 9 other teams were better than us last season. We were bottom of the top half.

And on the balance of the whole season that’s exactly where we deserved to finish. Honestly the football was eye-bleeding, even most games we won in the second half of the season I just came away fuming at how we’d played. Not expecting us to start pinging it around the opposition like Pep’s Barca or anything but we just embarrassed ourselves, there was nothing enjoyable about watching us at all.

Crazy isn’t it. We seem to be the only fans that actually care about a friendly.
What's the point in having friendlies then? Just have training matches within the squad. As the players clearly didn't care that they got battered by half of United B team. Fans should be getting annoyed by it, as with that being the last game before the season starts, that's how benitez is wanting us to play and the tactics he is working on for the season. It was abysmal.

And on the balance of the whole season that’s exactly where we deserved to finish. Honestly the football was eye-bleeding, even most games we won in the second half of the season I just came away fuming at how we’d played. Not expecting us to start pinging it around the opposition like Pep’s Barca or anything but we just embarrassed ourselves, there was nothing enjoyable about watching us at all.
Wait until you get a load of Benitez ball if you think Carlo was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.