Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you can't rely on scoring your 1 chance in a game and the other team missing all of their chances. We might match the points total but it's very unlikely, and would have been with Ancelotti in charge if we hadn't strengthened.

But most Benitez teams relied on that method. I mean he cant do a lot, but he can get teams to win flukily. That's his career MO isnt it?

That's fair enough again and your position makes sense.

What doesnt make sense to me, is the position that Ancelotti was rubbish, but if Benitez gets less favourable results to him hes not rubbish and theres this list of excuses.

There was a list of excuses too for Ancelotti finishing 12th and then 10th. Personally I think he failed as our manager and Benitez is destined to fail too, I never ever wanted him. But there definitely is this weird narrative that Ancelotti was great, he has this bizarre cult following on here. He did nothing for us, 10th and 59 points in the most messed up season of all time across the board is not some great achievement. We also played the worst football I’ve ever seen in my time watching the club.

There was a list of excuses too for Ancelotti finishing 12th and then 10th. Personally I think he failed as our manager and Benitez is destined to fail too, I never ever wanted him. But there definitely is this weird narrative that Ancelotti was great, he has this bizarre cult following on here. He did nothing for us, 10th and 59 points in the most messed up season of all time across the board is not some great achievement. We also played the worst football I’ve ever seen in my time watching the club.

Yes lots I agree with, and in fairness I am probably one of the cultists who is very favourable to Ancelotti.

What I will say though, is he came mid season, when we were bottom 6, and got us 30 in 20 games, the 59 the following season. With that squad of players I dont think there are many who could match that, and in honesty the clubs recruitment doesnt give much confidence we can drastically improve the 11 either.

Yes it was dull, a bit drab etc but it was effective. I will be very surprised if Benitez can get close to, never mind more than that.

If people know a manager who would, I'd love to here it. What would you realistically want a manager to do with the team? My expectations are probably too low, but 59 points I thought a good return.

To give Benitez the job was wrong, there’s hundreds of managers out there that can do what he will do here.
If your going to make a controversial appointment like this then you’d better be sure he will bring success or very close to it.
If your bringing someone in to say stabilise the club for a couple of seasons leading us into the new ground then appoint someone who the fans could at least persevere with. This fella ain’t got a chance in hell of succeeding here

1. Because he’s good enough
2. His style of football is horrid
3. He’s a Liverpool legend
4. The squad he’s got
5. We’re struggling to strengthen the first 11

Everything points to it being a disaster.
After the 18 months we’ve all had to endure the start of the season with a full house again should have us all buzzing, but most of us want it to end before a ball has been kicked.

If you think employing an average ex kopite manager is going to please Evertonians then be prepared for the wrath of the fans when it goes tits up very quickly.

Thanks Mosh/Brands

Yes lots I agree with, and in fairness I am probably one of the cultists who is very favourable to Ancelotti.

What I will say though, is he came mid season, when we were bottom 6, and got us 30 in 20 games, the 59 the following season. With that squad of players I dont think there are many who could match that, and in honesty the clubs recruitment doesnt give much confidence we can drastically improve the 11 either.

Yes it was dull, a bit drab etc but it was effective. I will be very surprised if Benitez can get close to, never mind more than that.

If people know a manager who would, I'd love to here it. What would you realistically want a manager to do with the team? My expectations are probably too low, but 59 points I thought a good return.

I would expect, barring things going absolutely disastrously wrong, Benitez to do the same as Ancelotti this season which is finish 10th-13th. Points total is irrelevant because it’s going to be a more normal season with fans back in grounds, and the bottom 3 probably won’t all fail to reach 30 points again. If he finishes 10th but it’s on 52 points, then he’s matched Ancelotti.

It literally took me 5 seconds
My original post referred to the red button service. I check it over breakfast every morning,they never post scores of friendlies or post reviews of friendly games (until yesterday) I never mentioned the online site

I have been harsh on him calling him a pig but I'm only joking, I would not be singing back songs aimed at him because it does nothing for us, but that doesn't mean I'm a fan

I want him to do well but 4231 is such a static formation & I think yesterday even though it was pre season showed we need some players that are fast and strong

Posters thinking that they have a say in what Moshiri / Uzmanov will do over Benitez...the manager they were determined to hire and who's lost one game so far.

They couldn't give a monkey's what you think.

He's here and he's staying for a decent spell. There'll be no turning back after a few bad results either.

Stop making yourselves ill with the bile and fury. Accept it and maybe get behind the team.

I would expect, barring things going absolutely disastrously wrong, Benitez to do the same as Ancelotti this season which is finish 10th-13th. Points total is irrelevant because it’s going to be a more normal season with fans back in grounds, and the bottom 3 probably won’t all fail to reach 30 points again. If he finishes 10th but it’s on 52 points, then he’s matched Ancelotti.

I mean if he finishes 10th hes matched Ancelotti. If he finishes below 10th and/or under 59 points he has not matched him.

I kind of find it odd, that there seems to be a lot of excusing being made for Benitez. Like 13th is in any way acceptable. If hes 13th it would be the worst finish in about 20 years and he will rightly be hounded out.

The keyboard warriors thinking that they have a say in what Moshiri / Uzmanov will do over Benitez...the manager they were determined to hire and who's lost one game so far.

They couldn't give a monkey's what you think.

Of course they dont care Dave. But we can still have a discussion. I mean 99% of what I spend/waste my time pondering on here the recipients wouldnt be interested in.

The only shameful thing I am seeing is the way a handful of so called Evertonians are backing this fool to the aboslute hilt. Fortunately we wont have to wait long to get him removed, as yesterdays events showed.
Ok kev, you just give everybody you don’t agree with the middle finger. Lol. It’s called backing the team by the way. I didn’t want Fat Sam either, but I still backed the team.

The club is toxic at the moment and as much as I don’t want him as our manager, hounding him out will not only affect results but also affect any chance of somebody decent to replace him, why on gods earth would anyone want to come here?
Any frustrations should be directed at the idiots who appointed him.
Club's not toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.