Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument that cause Europe was expected from previous managers that if we don't get Europe its a failure and #fatratpigsack but its become abundantly clear based on all previous managers that this squad is absolute dog turd. Couple that with a pennyless window, a year older squad and maybe no James. Top ten is a triumph.

Last edited:
Everton v Millonarios = won = FRIENDLY
Everton v Pumas = won = FRIENDLY

Everton v United = lost = MAJOR GAME

The scoreline doesn't matter for any of those matches. The concern is the fact that we came up against a better side and were outplayed and outclassed in every aspect of football. How can anyone be optimistic going into the season with this abysmal squad of players and this manager?

5 days to match 1 and no effort has been made to fix the squad. I want the club to come out and state their ambition for this season because it's becoming clear that it doesn't match up to comments made in the past or the feelings of supporters.

The scoreline doesn't matter for any of those matches. The concern is the fact that we came up against a better side and were outplayed and outclassed in every aspect of football. How can anyone be optimistic going into the season with this abysmal squad of players and this manager?

5 days to match 1 and no effort has been made to fix the squad. I want the club to come out and state their ambition for this season because it's becoming clear that it doesn't match up to comments made in the past or the feelings of supporters.
Everyone accepts that a season of transition is here. The optimism for me comes from the fact that a major rethink is going on and Benitez arriving will be the line drawn in the sand with the lack of professionalism we've seen in the years since Moshiri arrived.

Eveeryone accepts that a season of transition is here. The optimism from me comes from the fact that a major rethink is going on and Benitez arriving will be the line drawn in the sand with the lack of professionalism we've seen in the years since Moshiri arrived.

I am far from a Benitez fan, but I don't think there is a manager in the world who can fix this squad as it currently stands. It lacks quality and aggression and commitment.

A lack of professionalism and effort/commitment is bad enough once or twice. We've seen it on a regular basis over several seasons with some players. Benitez biggest mistake already is continuing to give game time to players who do not deserve another chance.

Everton v Millonarios = won = FRIENDLY
Everton v Pumas = won = FRIENDLY

Everton v United = lost = MAJOR GAME
Yeah I get this take to a certain extent but would temper that with the observation that utd play in our league, out out a first 11 of which a fair number were b teamers whereas arguably 9/11 of our team can realistically be expected to start at the weekend and we got bummed massively

I am far from a Benitez fan, but I don't think there is a manager in the world who can fix this squad as it currently stands. It lacks quality and aggression and commitment.

A lack of professionalism and effort/commitment is bad enough once or twice. We've seen it on a regular basis over several seasons with some players. Benitez biggest mistake already is continuing to give game time to players who do not deserve another chance.
My expectations are top half. We can get there with what we have.

Personally Ild rather we sold all the *quality* players we have like DCL and Richarlison and spend the money on players who have stomach for a fight and turn up each week. That might entail finishing bottom half for a season while it beds in.

We need to re-establish an identity. Leeds did it under Bielsa. We have to be thinking along those radical lines. Hard work and movement. Team work and a fan base committed to the project.

This drift under Moshiri/Koeman/Brands has to stop and professionalism has to return.

My expectations are top half. We can get there with what we have.

Personally Ild rather we sold all the *quality* players we have like DCL and Richarlison and spend the money on players who have stomach for a fight and turn up each week. That might entail finishing bottom half for a season while it beds in.

We need to re-establish an identity. Leeds did it under Bielsa. We have to be thinking along those radical lines. Hard work and movement. Team work and a fan base committed to the project.

This drift under Moshiri/Koeman/Brands has to stop and professionalism has to return.

The fanbase sadly will never accept it they want "Hollywood".

The fanbase sadly will never accept it they want "Hollywood".
The fanbase don't want it, it's the owner that does. Most Evertonians who have at least half a brain just want to see some evidence of a blueprint, a plan, some idea of where the owner/DoF see the first team going over a period of seasons. Despite having money most fans know we can't just buy up players and have instant CL football and then start challenging for the title. Other than the fact the top 6 have way bigger resources than us I'm sure that even if we had done this the PL would find a way to stop us. It's been a disaster under Moshiri so far simply because he wants "Hollywood" football and wants it now and sadly the game does'nt work like that, don't blame the fans though, many fans warned at the time about the poor managerial appointments and poor signings before they had even got here.

The argument that cause Europe was expected from previous managers that if we don't get Europe its a failure and #fatratpigsack but its become abundantly clear based on all previous managers that this squad is absolute dog turd. Couple that with a pennyless window, a year older squad and maybe no James. Top ten is a triumph.
Ancelotti finished 10th with the same squad minus Gbamin, Kean, Gray and Townsend. No one in their right mind considered that triumph. Yet piggy's lovers don't believe he can match this.

You don't rate him really, do you?

Ancelotti finished 10th with the same squad minus Gbamin, Kean, Gray and Townsend. No one in their right mind considered that triumph. Yet piggy's lovers don't believe he can match this.

You don't rate him really, do you?
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me. We have no Carlo Ancelotti. Yes that one. I dont know if Benitez has what it takes these days but I'm giving him a chance also won't judge him harshly if we finish 10th or a few places lower. Even with the glorious editions of Gray and Townsend. The return of our legend Kababin, though, you might be onto something.

Kean and Gbamin didn't play at all last season and we were top half all year.
The Allan and James of last season and this are two completely different kettles of fish (one of the many benefits of buying established talent the wrong side of 30) And just cos Kean was on loan doesn't mean he wasn't missed on saturday, we were without a strikeforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.