Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez does deserve more time than a pre-season friendly.

our frustration should more be with the board, the circumstances that have led to his appointment, and why we are in such a crap financial position.

None of that is on RB. What is on RB is to sort out a system that works, not be wed to playing an ill-suited 4-2-3-1, and get the best out of our better players.

Benitez does deserve more time than a pre-season friendly.

our frustration should more be with the board, the circumstances that have led to his appointment, and why we are in such a crap financial position.

None of that is on RB. What is on RB is to sort out a system that works, not be wed to playing an ill-suited 4-2-3-1, and get the best out of our better players.
Really good post mate, agree and was going to post similar.

I don’t care for Benitez, but find it almost laughable that people are using performances from this lot to stick the knives in. This was just a revert to type performance, nothing less, nothing more, and it comes from years of overpaying for substandard players. I wonder how many were continuously backing Carlo, crap performance after crap performance? I know I was, but I regret it now. At least try to focus on the reasons why we are where we are right now, I for one know that has jack-all to do with Benitez. There are also some wanting this club to lose matches, never thought I’d see people actually say that. Shame.
Mate how are we supposed to judge him if not with the players he has with his disposal?

I don't get your point at all.

Getting more out of them is his literal job.

I don’t care for Benitez, but find it almost laughable that people are using performances from this lot to stick the knives in. This was just a revert to type performance, nothing less, nothing more, and it comes from years of overpaying for substandard players. I wonder how many were continuously backing Carlo, crap performance after crap performance? I know I was, but I regret it now. At least try to focus on the reasons why we are where we are right now, I for one know that has jack-all to do with Benitez. There are also some wanting this club to lose matches, never thought I’d see people actually say that. Shame.

Under Carlo we drew 3-3 at OT and got 59 points in his only full season in charge. If Benitez can emulate that, he will get the support Ancelotti got. This is a meritocracy, and when you strip out all the b/s and excuses there are some hard facts on the ground managers are judged on.

So why cant Benitez match that? That is his forte after all isnt it, essentially being a rich mans Allardyce.
Because you can't rely on scoring your 1 chance in a game and the other team missing all of their chances. We might match the points total but it's very unlikely, and would have been with Ancelotti in charge if we hadn't strengthened.

Status
Not open for further replies.