Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem is the competition is much worse now than say wnen Silva was here. West Ham Villa Leeds all suddenly fancy it, so it's getting more difficult every year, especially when our rivals are investing and we are stuck dead in the water.

What??? When Silva was here we kept hearing that Wolves and Watford were the next big things, Leicester at that time were our competition too. There is no more or less competition than there was back then.

Ridiculous hatred? That's the narrative that people spin about anyone who is anti-Benitez. I don't want anything bad for the fella in his personal life, probably haven't even had a real thought about him for a decade until he became our manager. I'm not allowed to dislike a manager of ours? Obviously football isn't the most important thing in the world, and our shambles of a club is leading me more to apathy than anger, but clearly it's somewhat more than "22 people kicking a ball around"... just a silly statement so you can argue "don't get so worked up about it!"
No it’s not. This forum hates all the players, the manager and the coaches. It seems to detest Everton.

What??? When Silva was here we kept hearing that Wolves and Watford were the next big things, Leicester at that time were our competition too. There is no more or less competition than there was back then.
I'll give you wolves, but watoord? no way

A lot of people want him to fail, fair enough that’s there choice.
To give him so much stick with the current squad and the worst pre-season fixtures we’ve probably ever had, is not being fair.

I can’t remember a pre-season with so few games, and especially so few competitive games.

He is probably the last person to blame at this point.

I can’t stand the man and wish with every bone in my body he wasn’t here, but here’s the thing, I support Everton football club and if Benitez does well then that means the club have done well and to me that’s all what matters, but that doesn’t mean I have to lick Benitez’s crack piece like some on here and if we do do well as a club then he won’t be getting any plaudits off me because he’ll be doing the job he’s paid well to do.

I’d say the Leeds style of play does put them in the picture.
No real flashy signings either.

If we turn up half arsed against them in two weeks they leg us all over Elland Road.
The pressure is then ramped up in the manager big style.
We’re lucky Ings has left and Ward-Prowse is injured for Saturday as that makes that game right up for grabs.

people were saying the exact same thing about Moyes 12 months ago. He's finished. all that. You don't just become a bad manager when you're into football as much as he is.

Moyes isn't a bad manager but he's also not a great one anymore. It was one good season and he finished 6th.

No it’s not. This forum hates all the players, the manager and the coaches. It seems to detest Everton.

I can't speak for everyone else or the "forum", but I don't blame people too much if they feel that way after 25 years of nothingness and spurts of optimism immediately dashed. But I'm a big fan of many of our players: Digne, Godfrey, DCL, Richarlison, James, Gbamin and there's nothing wrong with Mina, Keane, Allan, Doucoure, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.