Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say the fault lines have been around for a while. Reckon most would agree.

What grinds my gears are the immature Fat Pig Oink stuff at the one bloke who has had zero responsibility for any of it.

I totally get that some hate him, based on a comment many years ago, but judging before a ball has been kicked in anger just seems weird to me.

Personally, its an underwhelming appointment, (again), but the mess here is nothing of his doing.

To be honest, all of the fat pig kopite Spanish waiter stuff is a bit of a joke, it's just an easy way to make clear how much I and several others can't stand the fella. He is a washed-up bad manager who is only here because the job earns him millions per year with zero pressure to succeed and he doesn't even need to leave the comforts of his home. He will do nothing of note here and if we were going to stoop so low as to hire a kopite who belittled us in the past and led the RS in their "greatest European night ever" then I'd have a touch more acceptance if he was actually a decent manager.

OINK

Benitez has capitalised on the chaos and lack of leadership in the club to worm his way into the role.

He's a symptom of the wider problems, yes, but he's not without blame either. No-one forced him to sign Begovic, Townsend and Gray, or tell James that he's free to leave.

Its absolutely staggering that the people who run our club have allowed us to be in this position. Going into a season with little to no hope, a shocking squad that's had hardly an investment and a manager that the vast majority of our fans can't stand and never wanted to begin with. Its a recipe for disaster. I'll be gobsmacked if TFSW is still here by Jan and even more shocked if we finish inside the top half of the table.

A lot of people want him to fail, fair enough that’s there choice.
To give him so much stick with the current squad and the worst pre-season fixtures we’ve probably ever had, is not being fair.

I can’t remember a pre-season with so few games, and especially so few competitive games.

He is probably the last person to blame at this point.

A lot of people want him to fail, fair enough that’s there choice.
To give him so much stick with the current squad and the worst pre-season fixtures we’ve probably ever had, is not being fair.

I can’t remember a pre-season with so few games, and especially so few competitive games.

He is probably the last person to blame at this point.

Five games is pretty standard

Benitez has capitalised on the chaos and lack of leadership in the club to worm his way into the role.

He's a symptom of the wider problems, yes, but he's not without blame either. No-one forced him to sign Begovic, Townsend and Gray, or tell James that he's free to leave.
Yet if any other manager signed them Brands would have took the blame.

To be honest, all of the fat pig kopite Spanish waiter stuff is a bit of a joke, it's just an easy way to make clear how much I and several others can't stand the fella. He is a washed-up bad manager who is only here because the job earns him millions per year with zero pressure to succeed and he doesn't even need to leave the comforts of his home. He will do nothing of note here and if we were going to stoop so low as to hire a kopite who belittled us in the past and led the RS in their "greatest European night ever" then I'd have a touch more acceptance if he was actually a decent manager.

OINK
Can’t be arsed with this nonsense.

It’s twenty two actual grown men kicking a bladder round a field and people develop ridiculous hatred.

Grow up man. In the grand scheme of things it’s a bit of entertainment.

When he's proved me wrong. He hasn't yet - all he's shown me is that he will buy mediocre players and lose football matches.

He changes that, I'll change my mind.
i genuinely don't understand where evertonians get this low opinion of his management. He's literally won championships and champions leagues, we've not won a carrot in a generation.

Can’t be arsed with this nonsense.

It’s twenty two actual grown men kicking a bladder round a field and people develop ridiculous hatred.

Grow up man. In the grand scheme of things it’s a bit of entertainment.

Ridiculous hatred? That's the narrative that people spin about anyone who is anti-Benitez. I don't want anything bad for the fella in his personal life, probably haven't even had a real thought about him for a decade until he became our manager. I'm not allowed to dislike a manager of ours? Obviously football isn't the most important thing in the world, and our shambles of a club is leading me more to apathy than anger, but clearly it's somewhat more than "22 people kicking a ball around"... just a silly statement so you can argue "don't get so worked up about it!"

I mean if he finishes 10th hes matched Ancelotti. If he finishes below 10th and/or under 59 points he has not matched him.

I kind of find it odd, that there seems to be a lot of excusing being made for Benitez. Like 13th is in any way acceptable. If hes 13th it would be the worst finish in about 20 years and he will rightly be hounded out.
problem is the competition is much worse now than say wnen Silva was here. West Ham Villa Leeds all suddenly fancy it, so it's getting more difficult every year, especially when our rivals are investing and we are stuck dead in the water.

Managers have a shelf life just like players do and he's clearly spoilt milk
people were saying the exact same thing about Moyes 12 months ago. He's finished. all that. You don't just become a bad manager when you're into football as much as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.