Players you thought would be good but turned out not to be so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bilyaletednov, Materazzi, Bilic, Williamson, Richard Wright, Steve Simonsen, McCall, Nyarko - I also agree with the John Collins shout.

For very different reasons every one of these came offering some hope and with a reputation. They all left with me feeling spectacularly underwhelmed! There are many others.

Could be my memory but I remember Kevin Langley looked good in the 1st few games he had,then he had a poor game I think it was either Oxford or QPR,the crowd got on his back,he went to pieces,went on loan to Man City and think he ended up back at Wigan

I dont think he really fits,never got a chance to show what he could do before his career ended
I remember the hullaballoo when we signed him, touted as the new George Best,Man U,the RS,Arsenal amongst others coveted his signature and we got him,I was really chuffed as an Everton mad kid about this one, just didn't happen for the lad though.

I remember the hullaballoo when we signed him, touted as the new George Best,Man U,the RS,Arsenal amongst others coveted his signature and we got him,I was really chuffed as an Everton mad kid about this one, just didn't happen for the lad though.
Yeah I remember the fanfare surrounding him,unfortunately he done his cruciate in,then was diagnosed with a heart condition,he went back home and played on for a few years think he was at Dundalk

Yeah I remember the fanfare surrounding him,unfortunately he done his cruciate in,then was diagnosed with a heart condition,he went back home and played on for a few years think he was at Dundalk
Yeah,I saw an article on him a few months back, he's still an Evertonian,"once Evertons touched you"eh? :)

Abel Xavier
Alcaraz
Alexandersson
Angell
Barlow
Beattie
Belfitt
Blomquist
Branch
Cademateri
Castillo
Cleverley
Cottee
Simon Davies
Eto’o
Gardner
Gibson
Gemmill
Ginloa
Gueye
Joe Harper
Hottiger
Jeffers
Jo
Klassen
Koldrup
Lawson
Nyarko
Pembridge
Rehn
Rodwell
Samways
Smallman
Tony Thomas
Traore
Ian Wilson
Bernie Wright
Richard Wright

im sure I have missed a load of others
Ah, my old mate Dave Smallman, we both went to Deeside Senior High and in the evenings we would practice for hours on the old Shotton Steelworks sports grounds back in the late 60’s. Only when I moved further west did we lose touch. I was made up when he signed for Wrexham, and couldn’t quite believe it when EFC came calling. What a left peg he had. I’d usually call at his house first, mainly so I could bump into his sister, christ she was fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.