Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for the "GOODISON ROAR" when these mercenaries come back instead of getting the vitriol they kind of deserve for how they are responding to this. Yes, I know they have a contract. But they make MILLIONS a year. Earning slightly less millions would not make one iota of a difference to them but would make a world of difference to loads of people.

I mean doesn't something like this need to be decided at UEFA level so that its consistent across the continent at least. I mean otherwise if its only UK cutting wages, they will just cry breach of contract and/or just hop to a team in a country that isnt cutting wages?

Hasn't stopped Barcelona, Juventus or other clubs from doing it already.

lol at the PFA being a trade union.

Its funded by the players employers.
Gordon Taylor what a crap footballer , now the rep for the players what a salary -

Gordon Taylor’s £2.2m pay rise: how PFA chief executive’s salary soared

Players’ union chief received package of £3,368,653 last year, up from £1.13m, while the Premier League members he represents averaged only £2.2m

Another day and another deafening silence from the bunch of mercenaries who are sitting around at home dreaming up new ways of getting on social media with their exercise regimes.
For Christ's sake, all of you show some human decency and follow the lead shown by the top players in Spain and Italy. Don't hide behind the PFA, FA, Premier League, UEFA or any other convenient excuse. Just DO SOMETHING to show us you actually do care about something other than your ridiculous salaries.

Another day and another deafening silence from the bunch of mercenaries who are sitting around at home dreaming up new ways of getting on social media with their exercise regimes.
For Christ's sake, all of you show some human decency and follow the lead shown by the top players in Spain and Italy. Don't hide behind the PFA, FA, Premier League, UEFA or any other convenient excuse. Just DO SOMETHING to show us you actually do care about something other than your ridiculous salaries.

Its not difficult is it?

It's times like this I find it VERY difficult to justify Tom Davies and his £70,000 a week salary.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Any PL clubs such as Spurs or Newcastle are morally bankrupt for taking advantage of the Governments employee furlough scheme , especially when continuing to pay players their ludicrous wages in full.

They are a stain on football and I pray that I will never see the day that Everton go down this route and I think might bring my interest in football to an end.

The thought of the taxpayer , at this time of crisis , bailing out clubs with huge assets and wealth is quite simply disgusting.

*Posted by me in the Coronavirus thread - this one looks more relevant
The government should change the furlough rules. Companies can elect to have all employees on the 80% scheme (capped at £2.5K a month) or they cannot access the scheme. Then if they want to continue to pay individuals £5m a year they cannot claim taxpayer dosh to pay 80% of their cleaners salary. It's absurd that we are paying the box office staff at Spurs out of our taxes whilst Harry Kane continues to get paid £200k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.