Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterblue

Player Valuation: £20m

Got tbh I totally agree with this. Players need to do the decent thing. Some clubs cutting back on non essential workers while these multi millionaires count their money.
The FA are meeting the PFA to discuss their wages this week. For me a wage freeze should be the way to go.

Got tbh I totally agree with this. Players need to do the decent thing. Some clubs cutting back on non essential workers while these multi millionaires count their money.
The FA are meeting the PFA to discuss their wages this week. For me a wage freeze should be the way to go.

Important that the decision made is consistent across the league. They certainly need to take a significant pay cut or clubs are going to start going to the wall

Important that the decision made is consistent across the league. They certainly need to take a significant pay cut or clubs are going to start going to the wall
They could do a 50% wage cut across the board for however long this is going with the money going to the people who REALLY are affected and it wouldn't affect their lifestyle 1%.

I have posted about this in another thread.

I would guess there are talks going on at the moment where all clubs will agree to cut players wages by the same % which would be fair to everybody and not give any club an advantage.

And how do you expect the players to bet tens of thousands with their online bookies? It would be a crisis.

It's crazy how a weeks salary for some players would cover maybe ten key workers salaries for a year during all this.
It's not even a WEEKS salary. Take Gylfi fn Sigurdsson who has "earned" his salary in MAYBE 20 matches in his entire tenure. He's earning about 150k/week. Knock that down to 50k which is still obscene and the other 100k to the workers, that's over 40 workers paid for. Schneiderlein is over 100k also. That's just two players who probably cover 60+ workers by not taking their FULL obscene pay.

*ack I read that wrong as being it would cover 10 key workers salaries for a week, not a year. Point stands. Alexis Sanchez is on 400k ffs.

Government should sort this out anyway. Raise income tax, capital gains, inheritance and all the others on the wealthy. Not just footballers. Alongside a massive recruitment drive at HMRC. Make tax evasion a crime with serious jail time. Also long sentences for accountants and bankers that facilitate it.
Finally, make the Isle of Mann and the Channel Islands counties of the UK. They can choose to be part of England, Wales and Scotland. Would put a stop to their tax haven status in days.
Maybe there could be a separate levy on PL clubs wage bills that is to be used for lower leagues and grassroots football.

100k/week - which plenty of PL players will be on - is £5.2m/year.

The median salary in this country is about £27k.

One PL salary could pay for 192 median salaries.

I find it totally unacceptable that players haven't already taken it up on their own initiative to shoulder their burden. Utterly sickens me, tbh. Football could face an existential crisis unless this is well addressed, and TBH I wouldn't really care if it did. There has been far, far too much money and greed at the top of football for a long time now.

The thing is that a fair chunk of salaries are performance based or at least dependent on them playing so in effect they are taking a salary cut. Means nothing to us obviously and it’s still a bit crap all things considered but they are getting paid less than they would be

It's not even a WEEKS salary. Take Gylfi fn Sigurdsson who has "earned" his salary in MAYBE 20 matches in his entire tenure. He's earning about 150k/week. Knock that down to 50k which is still obscene and the other 100k to the workers, that's over 40 workers paid for. Schneiderlein is over 100k also. That's just two players who probably cover 60+ workers by not taking their FULL obscene pay.

*ack I read that wrong as being it would cover 10 key workers salaries for a week, not a year. Point stands. Alexis Sanchez is on 400k ffs.

And even though he's been on loan at Inter, when he returns to Man U they have to pay him a loyalty bonus of £1.1m. o_O

The PFA meeting the heads of the PL clubs today to discuss as we all know. My take on this the PFA is effectively a trade union & their sole objective is to protect their members & nothing else.

Ideally you would like them to see the long game now and buy into the arguement that a wage cut will help the game longer term but there is no chance of this happening IMHO.

The PFA will right now be arguing players have contracts & if you dont play the full amount, they can walk off on a free all motivated by sheer greed and led by agents

Status
Not open for further replies.