Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seamus has already made a large donation in his own country's efforts, I believe to tune of 20.000 euro's.
Its a great gesture by Seamus, but is less than one week's wages and he remains the only player, to my knowledge, who has made any kind of commitment.
I believe that they all will get involved eventually, but it will be far too late to rescue their tattered reputations.

He has you prick.

Seamus has already made a large donation in his own country's efforts, I believe to tune of 20.000 euro's.
Whilst this is a nice gesture, it's 3 days pay. I'm genuinely surprised how little footballers have donated to their local communities, be it where they are or where they're from. Considering how much they have earned collectively in the past month for essentially doing nothing, combined with their seeming refusal to reduce their pay, I would have expected more of a bump in philanthropy. Maybe I'm naive or maybe they are doing it on the down low but it appears that they are just swimming in their pools of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck.

It's times like this I find it VERY difficult to justify Tom Davies and his £70,000 a week salary.
Christ Almighty, is this accurate, a pub player earning £3.6m a year? Those players who don’t make a gesture to help during this nightmare are going to get dogs abuse when they eventually return to the pitch.

Christ Almighty, is this accurate, a pub player earning £3.6m a year? Those players who don’t make a gesture to help during this nightmare are going to get dogs abuse when they eventually return to the pitch.

Not even including bonuses, appearance fees, goal and assist fees (actually this doesn't cost us much a season for him), etc. Etc.

It's a joke really.

Just been raised in today's briefing.

The club's need to take immediate action on this now to avoid utter embarrassment.

My idea would be for players to sort of adopt say 4 employees each and pay there wages/ part of wages. The highest paid players adopt the highest payed employees, downwards to the lowest earning players adopting the lowest payed employees.

Do they get a letter and a photo every month? And a cuddly toy when they sign up?

Status
Not open for further replies.