Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

Ok, if they didn't think he was any good, they would 100% have replaced him by now. It's a plum job.

To be honest, Gordon Taylor is a rat, and not really worth debating his "positives".

It isnt.

Who was the other fella in a top football job for years ?
I want to say Kelly was his surname, doing my head in that I can’t think of his name.
Podgy faced geezer, wore glasses..

Who was the other fella in a top football job for years ?
I want to say Kelly was his surname, doing my head in that I can’t think of his name.
Podgy faced geezer, wore glasses..

Gordon Kelly was the head of the FA I think....he was involved in Hillsborough

I’m still going to work and not earning £100k a week.
Real easy to ask others to donate without knowing what situation they are in when the person he's referring to is making £150k/week to sit on his arse.

You're entirely ignoring the principle. Anyone that bangs on about someone else giving anything to charity when they themselves dont give is totally out of order.

We live in a free market economy. Players have a unique skill and talent which they use to maximise their earnings. All power to them. What they then do with it is up to them.

I think they should give to charity of course but that applies to everyone not just a select few.

I just despise this mob pitchfork mentality. Its pathetic.

You're entirely ignoring the principle. Anyone that bangs on about someone else giving anything to charity when they themselves dont give is totally out of order.

We live in a free market economy. Players have a unique skill and talent which they use to maximise their earnings. All power to them. What they then do with it is up to them.

I think they should give to charity of course but that applies to everyone not just a select few.

I don't.

Am I giving to charity right now? No. But I am going to my local restaurants to get take out/carry away a couple times a week and paying them whatever the bill is in tip form as well. So, yeah, Im trying to help out others that are getting really hurt as much as my finances allow it. And from what I can see, Im PROBABLY doing more than people who make more in 4 days than I do in a year.

Interesting interview with an anonymous PL footballer (who seems sensible) on the current situation

Its a good point about the amount of tax they pay.
Tevez payslip was leaked and wasn't Risse of the RS payslip leaked too.

View attachment 82412

FA Fine of £24.00......

First of all, for what? And secondly, a fine is supposed to be a financial deterrent to discourage certain kinds of behaviour. What does a £24 fine discourage when one earns £8m per year?

Burn the heretic! - Grabs torch and pitchfork And heads for the door...

Am I giving to charity right now? No. But I am going to my local restaurants to get take out/carry away a couple times a week and paying them whatever the bill is in tip form as well. So, yeah, Im trying to help out others that are getting really hurt as much as my finances allow it. And from what I can see, Im PROBABLY doing more than people who make more in 4 days than I do in a year.

But it's this nonsensical assumptions of others that's laughable. All players are under huge pressure from their peers and the PFA to not act on an individual basis. Plus they all have their own circumstances for which we are ignorant.

But where does it stop? What about pop stars, TV personalities and everyone in Hollywood? The guy in the big detached house at the end of the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.