Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be fair, he's paid over £3m in tax and national insurance there, what a good guy
Yes it is pretty much 50% of earnings once you also take into account the NI contributions. That payslip example is a month 12 so in terms of PAYE it might as well be his P60.

Tax is at 50% once the earnings are over £150k a year for anyone so I guess that means all premier league footballers are at that level.

So then, we assume footballers are paying 'enough' in terms of their contributions to society, do we continue to focus our ire on those who are actually paying their dues or do we shift our focus to those who are not? The likes of Amazon and the big corps?

Because it’s where you work?
and a couple of bands leaving doesn’t prove a whole heap.

Its where you are resident. And anyrate, the 90% wasnt an income tax. It was only paid in certain circumstances that meant very very few people would have paid it, and many of those were musicians.

In the end, its well proven that there are optimal tax rates, that maximise the actual tax take. We are pretty close to that pretty much across Europe.

Can't abide that Gordon Taylor.
I know it was in the Mail, but cosidering he was to have gone a year or so ago, following unrest among the ranks over his remuneration, he's still there pontificating.
He couldn't have imagined earning that kind of money after a less than average playing career.

Can't abide that Gordon Taylor.
I know it was in the Mail, but cosidering he was to have gone a year or so ago, following unrest among the ranks over his remuneration, he's still there pontificating.
He couldn't have imagined earning that kind of money after a less than average playing career.

You know that he arranged for an independent assessment of the PFA a year or so ago? That was supposed to end with him leaving?

Guess who's son works for it/is it?

Factually we had income tax of 83% on a portion of earnings and 15% investment income surcharge, so pre-Thatcher one could pay the infamous 98% tax.

This was changed to 40% tax at her first budget and the tax take went up, as people stopped hiding money.

personally I am lucky enough to earn sufficient to pay 50% on some of my income, it is painful to see the tax amount, but I am sufficiently aware to not gripe about it. On top of this I choose to regularly give to charity, but put my taxes up any more and I would have to reconsider the latter.

footballers are paid a load of money, eye-watering amounts at the top end. If you charge them 90% they will find ways around it, like registering in tax havens and then we get less than we get now. Make tax reasonable, people pay it.

Hancock has played you like a fiddle.

Its now become Pogbas fault our Doctors and Nurses dont have PPE, its now become David Silvas fault that we dont have enough ventilators.

I don't think anyone should be making that argument, but the 3 Premier League clubs (so far) who have put their non-playing staff on furlough whilst paying their players full salaries are certainly taking the piss.

I don't think anyone should be making that argument, but the 3 Premier League clubs (so far) who have put their non-playing staff on furlough whilst paying their players full salaries are certainly taking the piss.

They are, their owners should be utterly disgusted.

Joe Lewis 4bn
Mike Ashley 2.5bn

I dont know who the 3rd club is.

Status
Not open for further replies.