Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reality, Premier League Footballers don't have to donate or give up their salaries to charity unless they want to :-( Maybe the Players Union or someone in the Premier League has told them not to donate? Hancock called them out but why did'nt the British Government give up their salaries and all the members of Parliament for a month? The Royal Family their "salaries"? A foreign player in the UK may feel his paying 50% taxes on his salary so his helping enough and maybe they'd rather send to their home countries to aid where they come from? I have no issues if a player decides not to take a pay cut whether its for donating to the NHS or paying for a non playing member of staff that a club is screwing over :-( I will donate to causes I support and to others I'd rather use my cash as toilet paper than give to said charity ! Its a personal choice for everyone what they do with their money they earned whether someone else thinks their saary is deserved or not !

Just sent a quick email to EFC

..........not necessarily the most objective email I have ever composed, but maybe if more fans raise this issue directly with their own clubs then perhaps the social pressure could result in players making the right decision themselves. It would certainly help to re-establish football fans trust/respect in premier league players.

'Despite Gordon Taylor's recent statement regarding player's salaries there is a growing unrest amongst football supporters, and the public in general, as to how the players themselves should respond.

I firmly believe that unless all premier league players take the initiative and volunteer to donate a percentage of the salaries there will be a major public backlash against these players which won't be forgotten for a long time.

I had hoped EFC/EITC would lead the way and take a stand, regardless of the contractual implications. I can't imagine any premier league player would openly object to donating a percentage of his multi-million pound salary to help the country in this time of need.

Hopefully, common sense will prevail and EFC can show the rest of the premier league how a 'Peoples Club' should have a social conscience.

Well done.

I think there will be a growing anger against football in the coming weeks / months.

As the number of deaths increase and the work load of the real heroes of this world, NHS, Teachers, shop workers, delivery workers etc becomes too much, then who in their right mind is going to think:

I cannot wait to pay £50 to watch that pile of not bothered mercenaries run round a bit and collect £100k + a week.

This sport could eat itself whole very quickly. The bubble bursting has been long overdue.

In reality, Premier League Footballers don't have to donate or give up their salaries to charity unless they want to :-( Maybe the Players Union or someone in the Premier League has told them not to donate? Hancock called them out but why did'nt the British Government give up their salaries and all the members of Parliament for a month? The Royal Family their "salaries"? A foreign player in the UK may feel his paying 50% taxes on his salary so his helping enough and maybe they'd rather send to their home countries to aid where they come from? I have no issues if a player decides not to take a pay cut whether its for donating to the NHS or paying for a non playing member of staff that a club is screwing over :-( I will donate to causes I support and to others I'd rather use my cash as toilet paper than give to said charity ! Its a personal choice for everyone what they do with their money they earned whether someone else thinks their saary is deserved or not !
Its a good point about the amount of tax they pay.
Tevez payslip was leaked and wasn't Risse of the RS payslip leaked too.

payslip.jpg

If this virus has done anything, it's made us all realise what's important in life. Whilst the isolation has lead to tremendous boredom, I actually haven't missed football as much as I thought I would and given the horrible news that comes out daily I genuinely couldn't care less at this moment as to when it comes back.

The break I think has lead to many football fans to reflect on the state of the sport that we indulge every year. Footballer's wages is something I've never really given much thought to, I'm in my 20's so they've been monstrous for my whole life. When the proverbial hits the fan though and all footballers are reduced to is doing keepy ups with bog roll at home whilst actually vital workers are risking their lives just shows you what we can, and can't, live without.

It would be great to see the money bubble burst in football. The PFA, and the 3 Premier League clubs who have dumped their non-playing staff onto the tax-funded wage bill whilst keeping their multi-millionaires on the full payroll are literally beneath contempt.

If this virus has done anything, it's made us all realise what's important in life. Whilst the isolation has lead to tremendous boredom, I actually haven't missed football as much as I thought I would and given the horrible news that comes out daily I genuinely couldn't care less at this moment as to when it comes back.

The break I think has lead to many football fans to reflect on the state of the sport that we indulge every year. Footballer's wages is something I've never really given much thought to, I'm in my 20's so they've been monstrous for my whole life. When the proverbial hits the fan though and all footballers are reduced to is doing keepy ups with bog roll at home whilst actually vital workers are risking their lives just shows you what we can, and can't, live without.

It would be great to see the money bubble burst in football. The PFA, and the 3 Premier League clubs who have dumped their non-playing staff onto the tax-funded wage bill whilst keeping their multi-millionaires on the full payroll are literally beneath contempt.

Why not just tax the wages correctly? 90% tax is fine at that level. Football players are usually working class people who have worked hard to get to their position, and it's one of the few close to meritocratic industries about. I find it frustrating that the elite always use them as the one to shame when they should be so much further down the pecking order.

Why not just tax the wages correctly? 90% tax is fine at that level. Football players are usually working class people who have worked hard to get to their position, and it's one of the few close to meritocratic industries about. I find it frustrating that the elite always use them as the one to shame when they should be so much further down the pecking order.

90% tax?

Yeah good luck ever signing any players.

All the decent players would move to teams abroad. We will be left watching a team full of Tony Hibberts and Leon Osmans. :Blink:

All the decent players would move to teams abroad. We will be left watching a team of Tony Hibberts and Leon Osmans. :Blink:

Spain's tax is higher than here. As is Germany and Italy. Wages here are much bigger than abroad - it doesn't really add up. And, not being able to see David Silva at City doesn't really bother me enough.

I dont think the callout by Hancock was aimed at the players helping the NHS financially. What it was was to help the employees of their own club. Here are people earning eye watering amounts (fairplay to them though. You don't ask you dint get) yet clubs are essentially saying to the support staff. Sorry we ain't going to do anything for you guys. The government will sort you out. All in it together? Nah not for our obscenly rich premier league clubs. Players/clubs should be helping those that help them 99% of the time.

Spain's tax is higher than here. As is Germany and Italy. Wages here are much bigger than abroad - it doesn't really add up. And, not being able to see David Silva at City doesn't really bother me enough.
I just checked Spain, Italy and Germany all have the same higher rate as England.

Status
Not open for further replies.