Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reality, Premier League Footballers don't have to donate or give up their salaries to charity unless they want to :-( Maybe the Players Union or someone in the Premier League has told them not to donate? Hancock called them out but why did'nt the British Government give up their salaries and all the members of Parliament for a month? The Royal Family their "salaries"? A foreign player in the UK may feel his paying 50% taxes on his salary so his helping enough and maybe they'd rather send to their home countries to aid where they come from? I have no issues if a player decides not to take a pay cut whether its for donating to the NHS or paying for a non playing member of staff that a club is screwing over :-( I will donate to causes I support and to others I'd rather use my cash as toilet paper than give to said charity ! Its a personal choice for everyone what they do with their money they earned whether someone else thinks their saary is deserved or not !

Probably because they are working flat out to deal with this pandemic? Christ Hancock and Johnson look dreadful.

I'm asking footballers to do it, not because of their huge salaries (which are a disgrace) but because they are getting full whack pay whilst not working. The rest of the country are getting 80% for the same

Hancock has played you like a fiddle.

Its now become Pogbas fault our Doctors and Nurses dont have PPE, its now become David Silvas fault that we dont have enough ventilators.

who is blaming footballers for it? only people saying the above are mentioning it. Footballers are part of society and they should be like the rest of the furloughed nation

Am I giving to charity right now? No. But I am going to my local restaurants to get take out/carry away a couple times a week and paying them whatever the bill is in tip form as well. So, yeah, Im trying to help out others that are getting really hurt as much as my finances allow it. And from what I can see, Im PROBABLY doing more than people who make more in 4 days than I do in a year.

There are loads of charitable gestures from players. Yes, they have mountains of cash, so they won’t feel the pinch by donating, but there are still lots of examples of players doing their part.

Also, when it doesn’t go public, we don’t know about it. When it does, it’s deemed to be a publicity stunt.

If your own charitable efforts is limited to ordering takeaways, I don’t think you can be overly judgmental as to what you perceive as a lack of charitable activity from others.

Not criticising you, as my own efforts are lacking and I think a lot of people (especially in the private sector) are in survival mode right now, but “judge not, lest thee be judged” springs to mind whilst reading your post.

FA Fine of £24.00......

First of all, for what? And secondly, a fine is supposed to be a financial deterrent to discourage certain kinds of behaviour. What does a £24 fine discourage when one earns £8m per year?
I was amazed when I was chatting to a current player and he said he still got fined for a yellow card. His club paid his though, but he is currently on loan so that maybe why ?

"Taking a 30% salary deduction will cost the Exchequer substantial sums. This would be detrimental to our NHS and other government-funded services.
"The proposed 30% salary deduction over a 12-month period equates to over £500m in wage reductions and a loss in tax contributions of over £200m to the government. What effect does this loss of earning to the government mean for the NHS? Was this considered in the Premier League proposal and did the Health Secretary, Matt Hancock factor this in when asking players to take a salary cut?
"We welcomed the opportunity to discuss this with the Premier League today and we are happy to continue talks.
"It is our priority to finalise the precise details of our commitment as soon as possible. However, to achieve a collective position for all Premier League players - of which there are many different financial and contractual circumstances from club-to-club - will take a bit more time.
"The PFA Charity has also agreed to make a substantial contribution to a player-led initiative once the details are finalised.
"There should be no doubting the players and captains are committed to achieving this as soon as possible. They recognise their role in wider society and what they need to do, as a group, to help and support others."

They have a point, how do footballers taking a wage cut help anybody?

Good to see the players and PFA are having absolutely none of these Tory carts

They will ultimately pay up in some kind but they aren’t going to roll over because theybe been told to

Agreed C.

These tory rats are trying yet again to shift blame, they might wanna stop looking at the people that pay around 2 billion in taxes per year.

Hancock has played you like a fiddle.

Its now become Pogbas fault our Doctors and Nurses dont have PPE, its now become David Silvas fault that we dont have enough ventilators.

this is the correct answer :cheers: mission accomplished. Next thing you know Johnson's misses will have it.......

insert another distraction here

"Taking a 30% salary deduction will cost the Exchequer substantial sums. This would be detrimental to our NHS and other government-funded services.
"The proposed 30% salary deduction over a 12-month period equates to over £500m in wage reductions and a loss in tax contributions of over £200m to the government. What effect does this loss of earning to the government mean for the NHS? Was this considered in the Premier League proposal and did the Health Secretary, Matt Hancock factor this in when asking players to take a salary cut?
"We welcomed the opportunity to discuss this with the Premier League today and we are happy to continue talks.
"It is our priority to finalise the precise details of our commitment as soon as possible. However, to achieve a collective position for all Premier League players - of which there are many different financial and contractual circumstances from club-to-club - will take a bit more time.
"The PFA Charity has also agreed to make a substantial contribution to a player-led initiative once the details are finalised.
"There should be no doubting the players and captains are committed to achieving this as soon as possible. They recognise their role in wider society and what they need to do, as a group, to help and support others."

This is a real mess and it is difficult to find a solution that will work for all parties. However, in answer to your question it helps the football clubs. Many clubs (ourselves included) with the extremely high wage to turnover ratio are not going to be able to continue paying out full salaries without revenue coming in for months on end. This is a once in a hundred year event that the clubs could not plan for and will set the game back massively. I think we can kiss goodbye to Bramley Moore

This is a real mess and it is difficult to find a solution that will work for all parties. However, in answer to your question it helps the football clubs. Many clubs (ourselves included) with the extremely high wage to turnover ratio are not going to be able to continue paying out full salaries without revenue coming in for months on end. This is a once in a hundred year event that the clubs could not plan for and will set the game back massively. I think we can kiss goodbye to Bramley Moore

Yes I get how it helps the clubs, but how does it help the NHS?

Yes, let's pay the greedy, uncaring, selfish brats even more so they can preach to us about how much more they are contributing to the NHS via tax.
This is a shameful period in the history of football. The PFA and PL players have come out of this far worse than I could ever have imagined.
Let me answer your question directly: If the players give £500m to the NHS, the NHS get £500m. If they keep the £500m, the NHS only get £200m. That's how this greedy set of grasping, self-important, overpaid charlatans can help by taking a wage cut.
They and the PFA disgust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.