2017/18 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he'll come on as a sub when we're 3-0 against some rubbish League Two team in the third round of the FA Cup next season, and loads of fans will claim he's still "got it" and can still "do a job". Probably same fans who like Bolasie cos he has a good "attitude".

or potentially those that support players of our club. Just a thought.

"We'll fight them in the tactics room, we'll fight them in the dressing room...just dont ask us to fight them on the pitch".
Interviewer : "Phil, will you fight them in the tactics room?"
Capt Jags : "yeah, definitely"
Interviewer : " will you fight them in the dressing room?"
Capt Jags : "yeah, definitely"
Interviewer : " and finally, will you fight them on the pitch?"
Capt Jags : " er...err...uhmmm....excuse me a moment, my boot laces appear to have come undone...."

He has another year left on his contract, surely he has to be back for the start of training on 1st July ?.

Unless he`s been told that he`s one of the ones getting the chop ?

To be fair he'll come on as a sub when we're 3-0 against some rubbish League Two team in the third round of the FA Cup next season, and loads of fans will claim he's still "got it" and can still "do a job". Probably same fans who like Bolasie cos he has a good "attitude".
both are just wonderful wonderful servants, we should sign jeeves as well

Capt Jags should make an excellent pundit. He knows the game like few others. Rio Ferdinand reckons he learned a lot of his football nous from watching videos of Capt Jags playing and that the person who recommended he do this was none other than the manager of Man Utd. He had his faults, but Sir Alex Ferguson did know a bit about togger and if he endorsed Capt Jags’ role as a mentor to Rio, you’d have to conclude that Capt Jags has more than a bit about him.
Selfishly, I hope he’s not super successful in his punditry ‘toe in the water’ over in Cossackland. It’s vital for Everton that he gets that arm band on and captains our team of lion hearts in a (hopefully) trophy winning upcoming season. Beyond next season? I guess it depends on whether we can tempt Capt Jags to extend his contract for 2or 3 years. A lot of other clubs will be seeking his services and with his now having ‘world class tv pundit’ on his CV, retaining him will be tricky.
Fingers crossed though.

I know this has been posted elsewhere but Jags does make me laugh on this

“He’s volleyed the f***er in” lol

Capt Jags has always had that ineffable air of quiet authority, determined resolve, and unflinching courage. The PL’s greatest ever captain? Some would say that might be drawing a rather long bow, but I suspect there are very,very few such naysayers. Everton’s greatest captain? Most assuredly; there’s not a blue alive that wouldn’t seat Capt Jags at the head of the top table in the pantheon of great leaders.

Capt Jags has always had that ineffable air of quiet authority, determined resolve, and unflinching courage. The PL’s greatest ever captain? Some would say that might be drawing a rather long bow, but I suspect there are very,very few such naysayers. Everton’s greatest captain? Most assuredly; there’s not a blue alive that wouldn’t seat Capt Jags at the head of the top table in the pantheon of great leaders.

Oh captain my captain

*sniffs

Status
Not open for further replies.