2017/18 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been told that we are going to try to sign four players and they will be ready to step into the first team.
A centre back, a left back, a central midfielder and a wide player. I think most of us hope for a striker as well.
Funes Mori has been sold and it looks as if Williams has been told he can go, if we let Jagielka go as well we will have just three central defenders in Keane, Holgate and a new signing. Jagielka has a year left on his contract, he won't play every week but is reliable and dependable and will act as cover until he moves on next year, same argument for Baines.
We do need to trim our squad but we also need cover in all areas.
Let's get rid of Mirallas, Besic,Snhneiderlin, Bolasie, Williams, Klaasen, Sandro before we worry about Jakielka.

We have been told that we are going to try to sign four players and they will be ready to step into the first team.
A centre back, a left back, a central midfielder and a wide player. I think most of us hope for a striker as well.
Funes Mori has been sold and it looks as if Williams has been told he can go, if we let Jagielka go as well we will have just three central defenders in Keane, Holgate and a new signing. Jagielka has a year left on his contract, he won't play every week but is reliable and dependable and will act as cover until he moves on next year, same argument for Baines.
We do need to trim our squad but we also need cover in all areas.
Let's get rid of Mirallas, Besic,Snhneiderlin, Bolasie, Williams, Klaasen, Sandro before we worry about Jakielka.

Agree with all that. CB I'm sure will be Keane/new signing/Holgate with Jagielka and Feeney as back up. Needs a balance now between the amount of players coming in and priority areas and with LB a priority one CB will do.

Williams, Galloway, Browning, Garbutt, Martina and Pennington can all go without causing a ripple.

Has
Agree with all that. CB I'm sure will be Keane/new signing/Holgate with Jagielka and Feeney as back up. Needs a balance now between the amount of players coming in and priority areas and with LB a priority one CB will do.

Williams, Galloway, Browning, Garbutt, Martina and Pennington can all go without causing a ripple.

Hasn't Pennington just signed a new contract? The others can go in a heartbeat

I think with Funes Mori going, that means we are going to offload Williams and keep Jags as our last CB, in case of emergency. The only alternative to that is keeping Pennington as our last CB, and I dont see that happening this season.

Even at Jags age he's still the best defender at the football club. Would much rather have him in and around the side to mentor Keane and holgate. At his age he has to know that he's not an every week player in this league anymore.

Get Williams out next, Jagielka quickly behind him, then sign two starting centre backs.

Unfortunately I feel one if not both of the useless carts will be staying, alongside Keane too.
Keane and Jags was much much better than Keane and Williams.

Keane and Jags was much much better than Keane and Williams.
I want to hang myself in the knowledge that both of those useless cart horses will represent our beloved football club next season.

I want to hang myself in the knowledge that both of those useless cart horses will represent our beloved football club next season.
Has anyone ever told you that you’re such a ray of sunshine?

Hanging isn’t really a laughing matter is it?

Echo 27 October 2014 Everton FC defender Phil Jagielka is the fastest player in the Premier League
No player has been quicker in 2014/15 than the Blues captain, who has recorded speeds up to nearly 24mph

Let's have a run off...Holgate, Keane and Jagielka, and put Bolasie in it too.
Don't forget Rooney.

Get Williams out next, Jagielka quickly behind him, then sign two starting centre backs.

Unfortunately I feel one if not both of the useless carts will be staying, alongside Keane too.
I'd keep Jags, not to start but he's got a lot of experience to pass on to the younger lads. I realise it's not saying much but he was our best defender last season. Maybe get him into coaching? Obviously have no idea if he wants to like.

Status
Not open for further replies.