Our squad and their ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
your well of suggesting selling 3 of our best players, saha`s just come good and is our only scoreing striker but you want to sell him? i`d rather sell yakubu.
cahills our best player on the right day and when arteta comes back will easally double his scoreing.
howard is just iraplaceable at the minute.

this post might of made more sense if you posted when we wasnt doing well but we`ve just found form and its thanks to the form of the trio you want to get rid of.

I'm looking at the ages m8.
We have a lot of young talent in the squad. The only way to succeed long term is to have a team that play together long term.

Having a large age difference helps in many ways, but we don't want a constant leak of players coming in and going out. Whether we like it or not, we have too many players who are approaching the slippery slope age wise.
Sentiment aside, it is a viable option to look to the future, and see if we can bring the age limit a little tighter.

I'm looking at the ages m8.
We have a lot of young talent in the squad. The only way to succeed long term is to have a team that play together long term.

Having a large age difference helps in many ways, but we don't want a constant leak of players coming in and going out. Whether we like it or not, we have too many players who are approaching the slippery slope age wise.
Sentiment aside, it is a viable option to look to the future, and see if we can bring the age limit a little tighter.

what about giggs and scholes at united, i still think they`ll be rubbish when they go. players just arent that easally replaced.

i just think cahills the best thing to happen to everton in 20 years or for aslong as i can remember.

what about giggs and scholes at united, i still think they`ll be rubbish when they go. players just arent that easally replaced.

i just think cahills the best thing to happen to everton in 20 years or for aslong as i can remember.

Giggs is one of the best player I've ever watched.

I rate him as one of the greatest football players of our generation.

Sign him. :)

Scholes is still a good player, and I would have him too, but this goes against my tightening policy.

The difference with us and United though is that they have an enormous squad, and lots of money, so can keep players in a retirement home situation.
We are currently skint, and therefore have to suffer heartbreak occasionally.

Word. The time will come, but it isn't now. In Moyes I Trust. We're just basking in the glow of the post-Lescott era, to some extent. It's no wonder we think "how much?"

Timmy C. is due for a hot streak. Wait we get our squad back - I'm just glad we're winning with so many playmakers laid up. It's ugly, but we're winning. That's always worth one of these. ;)

Word. The time will come, but it isn't now. In Moyes I Trust. We're just basking in the glow of the post-Lescott era, to some extent. It's no wonder we think "how much?"

Timmy C. is due for a hot streak. Wait we get our squad back - I'm just glad we're winning with so many playmakers laid up. It's ugly, but we're winning. That's always worth one of these. ;)

Usually takes Tim 6-8 games to play into a bit of form after injury and close season - your right its goning to be Cahill time very shortly.

Intresting to note:

1 * Super Tim Cahill 2 mill
1* Arteta 2mill
1* Pienaar 3 mill

1* Steve Simonsen 3.3 mill
1 * Ibrhima Bakayoko 4.5 mill

Money doesnt always translate in to value or quality for that matter. That example shows the sharp contrast of bending to a strategy were finance and or selling players to pay big fees can be dangerous, while developing players such as the first three with the raw tools for value is sustainable from a footballing, buisness perspective in the short and long term.

I have been very critical of Tim at times (for me anyway I'm a happy clapper apparently) but I'm just seeing natural progression here from the likes of Tim and Neville being first choice at the moment with Fellaini and Rodwell their natural replacements in the long term.

Unless a silly offer came in for one of our aging players I wouldn't be selling again unless we really have to. We've got a squad now of proven performers not just a first XI. Some are nailed on starters now but they'll be great experienced cover or in Tim's case a great impact sub in a few years.

Tim cahill is the most proud player to wear the blue shirt, and you wanna sell him???? Ask any club in the premiership they wouldn't wanna see cahill leave the premiership either!

Cahill is not for sale. The truth is that he's worth far more to us because of his goals and leadership than we would ever get if we sold him due to his lack of technical ability. Anyone who suggests he could or should be sold are the type of fantasy football managers who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I don't see why Cahill can't play at a similar level for us for another 4-5 years like Scholes has. His fitness and hunger are not in question.

When i read threads like this, it makes me believe that some Evertonian's haven't got a clue.

Also i never thought we were bad for this, but our fans are becoming a very fickle lot.

When i read threads like this, it makes me believe that some Evertonian's haven't got a clue.

Also i never thought we were bad for this, but our fans are becoming a very fickle lot.

Let's not cross the line eh Cenah :)

The fact that a man can show people 10 colours, but the viewer can only see red is much more disheartening.

Let's not cross the line eh Cenah :)

The fact that a man can show people 10 colours, but the viewer can only see red is much more disheartening.

Cross the line?

It's hard not to get wound up reading some posts from different people on here. All i seem to read is, "sell Fellaini", "Osman is sh1t", "Hibbert should go", "Heintinga is a bad buy", "Cash in on Yakubu" and your personal best, "cash in on Cahill because he is too old at 29/30"

I'm sorry mate i understand your making a point about the age of the squad, but i think you at times along with others are very quick to criticise and look for the negative.

Look how boss we are all of a sudden because were on a good run again. After our bad start people were questioning Moyes and i even heard a "get Allardyce"

Status
Not open for further replies.