Anton Peterlin (22)

Strikers:

Cody Arnoux (21)
James Vaughan (21)
Kieron Aggard (19)
Jose Baxter (17)
Lukas Jutkiewicz (20)

What can we get from this?

For me, some of our most promising players are our youngest, and I think people forget just how young Fellaini and Rodwell are. Add to that the others in bold and we have a good core of young players in the first team.
Our other players in the first team ( first block ) are now in their prime.

Our oldest players, though playing well now, are in the majority reaching their sell by date, and after this season, we should consider cashing in while we have the chance. Players like Cahill , Howard, and Saha may bring big money if they have another good season ( waits for stampede).

Our youngest kids, need to start getting some first team experience, to either turn them into stars, or increase their resale value, and they need that experience NOW.

That's my opinion. What's yours? :)

Last edited:
Sell Cahill? Yeah ok. Great thread................

He is nearly 30.

Yes, we love him to bits, but he won't stay here for much longer, and even if he does, he will soon become a rotated player once the squad is fully fit.
Wait untill after the World Cup, and I'll bet a pound to a penny it's his destiny to leave m8.
Why not get big money at the end of it that we can further the squad?

We have a good mix of youth and experience.

My opinion is we need to add to that, not sell and start again. A number of those players still have a good 4-5 years left in them, others could go on for longer.

He is nearly 30.

Yes, we love him to bits, but he won't stay here for much longer, and even if he does, he will soon become a rotated player once the squad is fully fit.
Wait untill after the World Cup, and I'll bet a pound to a penny it's his destiny to leave m8.
Why not get big money at the end of it that we can further the squad?

Because we probably wouldn't get all that much money for him at this stage of his career and Tim Cahill is a good athlete, he could play at the highest level for quite a while.

You don't see Manchester Utd getting rid of players like Ferdinand, Scholes and Giggs.

Oh FFS :mad:

Why can't people look at the bigger picture for once?

I spend 20 minutes typing a thread, and getting the ages, to see what direction everyone thinks the team is, and could be going in, and all I get is people who can't see past Cahill, which was just a possible option.

Why do I bother. I could get a better response on Kipper FFS.:(

Oh FFS :mad:

Why can't people look at the bigger picture for once?

I spend 20 minutes typing a thread, and getting the ages, to see what direction everyone thinks the team is, and could be going in, and all I get is people who can't see past Cahill, which was just a possible option.

Why do I bother. I could get a better response on Kipper FFS.:(

You spelt Gosling "Gozzy", you sure you dont want to be on kipper mate?

Think the post and your takes are pretty valid. The Cahill proposition is low hanging fruit - everyone will want to take a crack at that - even me:lol:

Cahill won't be sold - if he's off anywhere, it's back home to Oz. He's too loyal and he knows Everton supporters adore him.

Some of the youngsters may bear out and Moyes has a great eye for finding youth & talent. Unfortunately, the other clubs are recognizing this and it's easy for them to wait and see where Moyes is looking, then swoop in with piles more cash (see Naughton and Delph).

Heitinga, Billy and Fellaini are all young and will get better with time and some Moyes tutelage. Moyes will find some others along the way.

TakingMyBallHomeChima.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.