Our squad and their ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross the line?

It's hard not to get wound up reading some posts from different people on here. All i seem to read is, "sell Fellaini", "Osman is sh1t", "Hibbert should go", "Heintinga is a bad buy", "Cash in on Yakubu" and your personal best, "cash in on Cahill because he is too old at 29/30"

I'm sorry mate i understand your making a point about the age of the squad, but i think you at times along with others are very quick to criticise and look for the negative.

Look how boss we are all of a sudden because were on a good run again. After our bad start people were questioning Moyes and i even heard a "get Allardyce"

I've had 2 points since starting here.
We need better coaching. We are still playing below par btw. :)
Howard can't save long shots.

Hardly a bandwagon extravaganza. :)

Constructiveness should not be confused with critisism, and you'll find for each time I look at a problem, I at least try to find a solution.

If guys want to believe that we are playing great football, and Cahill is irreplaceable, then they are welcome, but it is these people that 'haven't got a clue' if we're honest.

Nobody has said we are playing great football, but we are winning games and with nowhere near our best 11 and Cahill is totally irreplaceable, he was the difference between 1 and 3 points on Thursday and its not the first time he has rescued us from the [Poor language removed].

As a CM hes limited, as a second striker he has very few equals.

Cahill hopefully be our Paul Scholes.He still has a few good seasons left. In my mind he is What Everton should epitomise, a thorough proffesional, great attitude on and off the pitch. A role model to any up and coming starlet. I hope some of him rubs off onto Fell and Rodders. We may be witnessing a birth of something great.

Nobody has said we are playing great football, but we are winning games and with nowhere near our best 11 and Cahill is totally irreplaceable, he was the difference between 1 and 3 points on Thursday and its not the first time he has rescued us from the [Poor language removed].

As a CM hes limited, as a second striker he has very few equals.

But his position is CM m8.
He isn't Torres. or Drogba. He's Timmy. :)
I'm not saying we 'should' sell him, but only saying we should 'consider' it.
Point blank 'no's' lack a little consideration.

Constructiveness should not be confused with critisism, and you'll find for each time I look at a problem, I at least try to find a solution.

If guys want to believe that we are playing great football, and Cahill is irreplaceable, then they are welcome, but it is these people that 'haven't got a clue' if we're honest.

Only just into October mate, wait till march, april to make a proper judgement of our season. If you remember last year we were playing stunning stuff after the xmas period. If you track back at some posts on here you will see how people were purring at some of our play. Wait till much later on in the season. Were not at our best but considering our injury situation and with us winning 5 games in a row now i think were doing fuggin amazin at the mo. Performances will coincidently improve when our best players are nearing full fitness.

As for Cahill being irreplaceable - as Goat says, few equals in his best position as second striker, but again, typical of the man, due to injuries, he's sat in the CM role and did a job and even put in a shift at right wing on thursday. Did he moan, he he cry? No! Got on with the job and scored us the winning goal - to me, that makes him irreplaceable and when he does go, you will see just how much we will miss him

cahill is to us what barry was to villa, easally there shineing light which cahill is for us.

he is irraplacable and the best thing to happen to us in 20 years.

you wanted to get rid of saha aswell, the player that his just hit form and has set our season on its way.

Last edited:

Cahill hopefully be our Paul Scholes.He still has a few good seasons left. In my mind he is What Everton should epitomise, a thorough proffesional, great attitude on and off the pitch. A role model to any up and coming starlet. I hope some of him rubs off onto Fell and Rodders. We may be witnessing a birth of something great.

Brilliant post. Well said.

Cahill isn't what Everton should epitomise, he epitomises Everton. Cahill is the heart of the side - may not be the best out there but he's always scrapping and trying to make it happen. He never complains - he goes out and does his damn job every time. Very much like Neville but less verbal on the pitch.

cahill is to us what barry was to villa, easally there shineing light which cahill is for us.

he is irraplacable and the best thing to happen to us in 20 years.

you wanted to get rid of saha aswell, the player that his just hit form and has set our season on its way.

Show me where I said this please.
Then read what I wrote again, consider it's content, and understand it's intentions.:)

Brilliant post. Well said.

Cahill isn't what Everton should epitomise, he epitomises Everton. Cahill is the heart of the side - may not be the best out there but he's always scrapping and trying to make it happen. He never complains - he goes out and does his damn job every time. Very much like Neville but less verbal on the pitch.

You said damn.

He plays just off the main striker, as a second striker.

Someone like Lampard is a attacking midfielder, he actually drops back and is contstantly involved in the game, dictating the way Chelsea play with short, intelligent passes.

We use Cahill as a battering ram basically, someone who wins headers, drops into midfield occasionly and links with the striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.