Old Everton Pictures

Remember him missing a sitter in the first ten minutes and thinking,"he's a British record signing"? But it all turned out well in the end.56 in 97 games wasn't at all bad.
Strangely enough the week before we signed Fred Everton had beat Spurs 4-2 at White Hart Lane, signing Fred looked like we were going to be champions again, but it never worked out that way.

Absolutely amazing photo this, never seen it before, knew Dixie played a handful of games with him at the tail end of his career with us,Tommy Lawton sat to Dixies left,Christ,you couldn't even begin to put a price on these two.Joe Mercer ex England manager at the front too.
I met Tommy Lawton in the players lounge at Notts Forest, the year we won the league and European cup winners cup, I asked him to sign my progamme, he said " certainly, I'll sign it by the Everton team, they were the club that made me"

....that’s a really good find, Joey. Weirdly, I was just thinking poor Sandy never looked like a young professional footballer whilst with us, he was always timeless in appearance.
Sadly will always be remembered primarily for that og,when he was a very good utility player. Played in goal once if memory serves.

Indeed it is, I've lived over here for near
Indeed it is, I've lived over here for nearly 20 years. Mum died in Feb so dad is over here in assisted living accommodation now. There is a Hallamshire Sports ground, it may be there you played.

Just checked on Wiki. Hallam claim that their ground is the oldest football ground in the world. Its located in Sandygate Lane.

...true, David, but he was a very decent footballer. Brown was very versatile providing valuable support to a great team, just as Richardson and Harper did in the 1980s.
Lovely fella, his children were in my infants school in Maghull,and Sandy would be at the gates each night with the other parents collecting them, my mum used to chat every day to him blissfully unaware of who he was, my dad came to collect me one afternoon as she was at the dentists, and was gobsmacked as Sandy acknowledged my old fella asking of my mums whereabouts,think Sandy only got away with it as he was one of my dads heroes;)lol

I used to belong to Hallamshire Golf Club, which is on the same road! Posh bit of town :D

Never played Hallamshire. Have played Abbeydale, nice course. Sheffield Club used to play their football at Abbeydale, they claim to be the oldest football club in the world. (Often wondered who they played against?)lol

Never played Hallamshire. Have played Abbeydale, nice course. Sheffield Club used to play their football at Abbeydale, they claim to be the oldest football club in the world. (Often wondered who they played against?)lol
I went to Sheff unts 3 sided ground in the FA CUP 3rd round winning at half time 1-0 with a bally pen got battered in the second half they had two winger Wagstaff , and Woodward knocked out 2-1 :(
went on that season to be champions though;)

....that’s a really good find, Joey. Weirdly, I was just thinking poor Sandy never looked like a young professional footballer whilst with us, he was always timeless in appearance.
The catt knew what he was doing as soon as we won the league in 1963 he went straight up to scotland to sign Sandy - Shanks rated him high too not just he scored for him - he could play anywhere , and had a thunderous shot.....

I went to Sheff unts 3 sided ground in the FA CUP 3rd round winning at half time 1-0 with a bally pen got battered in the second half they had two winger Wagstaff , and Woodward knocked out 2-1 :(
went on that season to be champions though;)
Never went to that game Joey, but remember it because the scores were coming up while the wrestling was on, remember it distinctly because the score came up on a wrestlers backside, what a way to find out we had been knocked out of the cup.!!!!!!!

Sheffield FC play at Dronfield these days. They are indeed the world's oldest club. Hallamshire is a lot harder than Abbeydale, but I agree it's a nice course.

Sheffield FC play at Dronfield these days. They are indeed the world's oldest club. Hallamshire is a lot harder than Abbeydale, but I agree it's a nice course.

I used to keep a list of all the golf courses I played. Got to 111. Played a few courses in Spain and Portugal but most are British courses. Hung my clubs up 3 years ago. Fortunately, I don't miss it, particularly when its pouring with rain and blowing a gale.lol