Old Everton Pictures

EVERTON FOOTBALL TEAM PHOTO-1955-56 SEASON -
s-l1600.jpg

As great as that side was Eggs,my old fella always reckons we played even better in the previous 1968-69 season mate.:)

...yep, they were fabulous. 1969 was a bit like 1984, you just knew something special was about to happen. Colin Harvey told Kendall the mid-80s team couldn’t have lived with the 1970 team which is interesting. I watched the 1963 team but was too young to genuinely analyse.

I think the 1985 team was full of players with attitude and ability who supremely complemented each other, whereas the 1970 team was full of players with supreme ability.

...yep, they were fabulous. 1969 was a bit like 1984, you just knew something special was about to happen. Colin Harvey told Kendall the mid-80s team couldn’t have lived with the 1970 team which is interesting. I watched the 1963 team but was too young to genuinely analyse.

I think the 1985 team was full of players with attitude and ability who supremely complemented each other, whereas the 1970 team was full of players with supreme ability.
My old fella reckoned our 1963 side had a little bit more "steel"than the 1970 side, both great to watch he says but 1970 just had that little bit extra flair in midfield with the Holy Trinity,yeah he reckons they would have just edged our 1985 side,Me?I only saw the 1985 side really, but will cherish that season as long as my blood runs blue, just total football, fantastic:)

My old fella reckoned our 1963 side had a little bit more "steel"than the 1970 side, both great to watch he says but 1970 just had that little bit extra flair in midfield with the Holy Trinity,yeah he reckons they would have just edged our 1985 side,Me?I only saw the 1985 side really, but will cherish that season as long as my blood runs blue, just total football, fantastic:)

...I think if your ever looking for a Blueprint team model then the 1985 side is a decent one to try and replicate. Top goalkeeper, a back four with great pace and athleticism, two central midfielders who hunted as a pair and the rest of the team all offering creativity and goals.