Old Everton Pictures

...I think if your ever looking for a Blueprint team model then the 1985 side is a decent one to try and replicate. Top goalkeeper, a back four with great pace and athleticism, two central midfielders who hunted as a pair and the rest of the team all offering creativity and goals.
So simple, but so effective, probably the one "loose cannon" in that side was Degsy Mountfield,the opposition were that concerned looking out for Gray,Sharpie or Inchy,Degsy would ghost in as the third forward and score,fifteen goals from a centre back was mad:)

48422221_2511413062206362_722859351152263168_n.jpg

Absolutely amazing photo this, never seen it before, knew Dixie played a handful of games with him at the tail end of his career with us,Tommy Lawton sat to Dixies left,Christ,you couldn't even begin to put a price on these two.Joe Mercer ex England manager at the front too.
Dixie went to Notts County, as did Tommy Lawton eventually, they were joined with that distinction by Hughie Gallagher,
three players who scored just on a thousand league goals between them, unfortunately not for Notts County.

My old fella said exactly the same Dario
Yes we did went to a lot of home and away games in that era - you just knew the title was not far away - it was interesting to hear the home supporters at an away game when were a few goals up - amazed by the standard of football from that team they were telepathic at times and deadly in front of goal!
Bally 15 - 18 goals from midfield - goals all over the team , and my hero big Joe scoring for fun.......
Captain Labby and Hursty at the back solid....... they could play football too....

Dixie went to Notts County, as did Tommy Lawton eventually, they were joined with that distinction by Hughie Gallagher,
three players who scored just on a thousand league goals between them, unfortunately not for Notts County.

When my son moved to Nottingham he decided to support Notts County. He took grandson from the age of about 6. When grandson got to about 12, he said 'Notts County are rubbish and I'm going to support Everton like my Grandad'. Son and Grandson have been season ticket holders at Goodison for the last three or four years. I agree with Grandson, Notts County are rubbish!

When my son moved to Nottingham he decided to support Notts County. He took grandson from the age of about 6. When grandson got to about 12, he said 'Notts County are rubbish and I'm going to support Everton like my Grandad'. Son and Grandson have been season ticket holders at Goodison for the last three or four years. I agree with Grandson, Notts County are rubbish!
What a history though, County one of the original members of the football league, sadly they are in danger of dropping out of the league this season. I think Howard Kendall managed them at one stage, unfortunately Howard's best days were behind him then and County gave him the elbow.