New PL rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow what another brilliant law change which will improve the game for the better! ffs, what a bunch of moros, there's so much wrong with the game yet they continue to implement stupid effing rules, just to make them look like they're busy. How on earth can they come up with an idea like this? it's so effing stupid.

Substituions aren't the problem, it's the referees not acting on time wasting and as i constantly state, if you just stop the clock, nobody will waste time.

Like people have alluded to, that watford game, 12 mins injury time. That's effectively 78 mins into the game, So effectively teams can't make changes for the last 12 minutes! What a stupid suggestion. Imagine if there's a 30 minute injury, teams won't be able to make a sub after 2/3rd of the game.
After 3/4 of game, but agree with your point. Have same as rugby, time stopped for any injuries and if the ref thinks there is another justification to do so. Would stop all time wasting

After 3/4 of game, but agree with your point. Have same as rugby, time stopped for any injuries and if the ref thinks there is another justification to do so. Would stop all time wasting

So simple, but the sport is run by baffoons who seem scared to implement any meaningful rule. Stuck in the dark ages and never getting with the times, the only sport that I see as continually going backwards with its rule making.

You just know when this is implemented we'll be in an FA cup semi leading 3-2, then during 8 minutes of injury time we lose 2 players despite not using any substitutes during the game and end up losing 2-4. You can put your bets in now.

Definitely an 'everton that' moment. Only we could so from 3-2 up and end up 4-2 down - not only lose but also have a goal disappear!

Tough luck.
We wouldn't be saying that if we were playing say Liverpool and they went and scored a winner while we was down to 10 from an injury in injury time and we weren't allowed to make a sub. The rule just isn't needed. The refs just need to clamp down on time wasting/cheating or add the time on at the end. Simple as that.

We wouldn't be saying that if we were playing say Liverpool and they went and scored a winner while we was down to 10 from an injury in injury time and we weren't allowed to make a sub. The rule just isn't needed. The refs just need to clamp down on time wasting/cheating or add the time on at the end. Simple as that.

On the other hand, I would love it if we were hanging on to a one goal lead over the RS and they could not replace an injured man.

I bet you would love that as well ;)

And my other point stands on its own merit......a considerable number of these added time subs are done to break up the flow of a game and stop a chasing team’s momentum

And adding another minute will not address that problem.

You think the rule “isn’t needed”......I think the game is crying out for it.

It is all about opinions :)

Wasting time is pointless as Newcastle found out at Arsenal that time a few years ago and United found out last week, it just means they add on more time, when players are tired and mentally drained so more chance of conceding. In terms of premier league rules I would have a cap on wages to stop players being attracted for the one reasons to love to a club. I'd make sure all ticket prices for both home and away games are £30 maximum, no need to current TV money to be charging any more than 30 quid. I'd make sure teams play full strength squads in all competitions so, it doesn't devalue the competition. I'd like players to be booked for diving more often, as it's rarely punished and only certain players are punished, I think Niasse was the only one last season.

haha it would be like American football, 60 minute games that take 4 hours
Not at all, there would still be no timeouts and no stoppages, you’re just eliminating the unnecessary rolling around and “tactical”’time wasting. College games here stops the clock and the games all still only go about 2 hours. It’s great watching a game and not have to worry about what Huddersfield did to us earlier this year

So what happens if I player gets injured then in injury time?

Injuries should only be allowed in injury time, injury time should be 5 mins and for those mins you are able to cause as many injury’s as you can with no red or yellow cards and only free kicks given are for hand balls.

At least then it would be worth staying until the final minutes of the derby

..VAR please.
VAR with video reply and referee mic with the subtitles on screen. Would soon stop them favouring their big teams.
Can't come quick enough lids. The only real way for fairness to be played out.

That said, isn't the actual use of VAR down to an individual's, i.e. the VAR referee's, decision?

What I'm trying to say is - could this extra referee pick and choose which decisions to use the technology on?

Or will VAR truly mean fair decisions for all teams?

Can't come quick enough lids. The only real way for fairness to be played out.

That said, isn't the actual use of VAR down to an individual's, i.e. the VAR referee's, decision?

What I'm trying to say is - could this extra referee pick and choose which decisions to use the technology on?

Or will VAR truly mean fair decisions for all teams?

...I think the VAR official(s) will ask the on-field referee to take a look if they think he’s got a key decision wrong.

...I think the VAR official(s) will ask the on-field referee to take a look if they think he’s got a key decision wrong.
A-ha! Ask, as in the referee doesn't need to look if he doesn't want to, or ask as in insist the decision is looked at?

The cynic in me thinks there's a sneaky way around this for corrupt officials!

Not at all, there would still be no timeouts and no stoppages, you’re just eliminating the unnecessary rolling around and “tactical”’time wasting. College games here stops the clock and the games all still only go about 2 hours. It’s great watching a game and not have to worry about what Huddersfield did to us earlier this year

exactly, i don't really get the shouts about the game taking twice as long. It doesn't make sense to me. The sole reason why there's so much play acting is when teams like huddersfield are trying to run down the clock. If the play is stopped you won't see keepers continually taking the ball from one side of the area to the other. They're just not going to do that, you don't just waste time in your life for no reason. I've lost my love of the sport because it's not really a sport anymore, most of the game is about deceit and cheating as opposed to actually trying to beat the other team by just being better. Why do they bother with these handshakes now? It's followed by 90 mins of people pretending to be fouled and deceiving the man they've just shook hands with.

Status
Not open for further replies.