New PL rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PL may bring in a rule that stops injury time subs, good or bad?? Any other rules you'd like to see? Personally I'd like to see a rule come in that if a player goes to ground "injured" the physio can come on while play continues so the game doesn't stop. It would put an end to fake injury and kicking the ball out of play.
Lanolin's idea is much better.
This one won't get off the ground (excuse the pun)

A result could be determined in favour of, and as a consequence, a well disguised, spiteful tackle.
No sub brought on. No red card.
Referee pelted, riots break out.

OR

Referees are more inclined to give a red card to even it out.

Odds on we'll get a corner in injury time on Sunday and bring on Mina who will bullet in a header.Then MOTD will call for the ban...even though we'll probably be 3-0 down by then.

Teams should be able to gamble points on match. So, 3 points is default, but if your at home, playing the bottom placed team, you can make the match worth any points value (limited to the number of points you have). Would be funny watching teams going from top of the league to bottom and vice versa, and would mean there's never an unimportant game.

I've always advocated a countdown clock like they have in rugby. It would be so easy to implement and would make the whole timekeeping situation so much more transparent. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that a game worth billions of pounds, being watched around the world, still has a completely arbitrary and covert timekeeping system, which is so clearly open to manipulation and invites controversy.
Problem with this is that as it stands during the average match the ball is currently only in play for about 40 minutes apparently.

If the clock was genuinely stopped everytime the ball was out of play, any given game could end up being played for 2-3 hours

The ref should just follow the rules and add the time on properly for time wasting. No need for this new rule of no subs during injury time.

Problem with this is that as it stands during the average match the ball is currently only in play for about 40 minutes apparently.

If the clock was genuinely stopped everytime the ball was out of play, any given game could end up being played for 2-3 hours
It doesn't need to be stopped every time the balls out of play though, it can be stopped for exactly the same reasons it theoretically is now, only transparently so we can all see exactly when it is being stopped and how long we should be playing for.

You could effectively say you get a set period of time to take a corner/throw in/goalkick etc and once that time elapses the clock is stopped. It stops the whole charade of people changing throw in takers 3 times and deliberately trying to take them from the wrong place, or changing the side of the goal they're taking a goal kick from in order to waste time. Similar to the clock being stopped once a scrum is formed in rugby.

Tell refs not to stop the game unless the reason looks like its a head injury. Any other injury is one that can wait for treatment. I'm fed up of attacking pressure being killed off by defenders going down in their own box for no obvious reason.

Free kicks/penalties should be given when a player is tackled late after he's had a shot. Does my head in that someone inside the area through on goal has a shot that misses, but is completely taken out afterwards. The commentators justify it by saying he got his shot off. If it was a pass it'd be a free kick/pen.

The ref should just follow the rules and add the time on properly for time wasting. No need for this new rule of no subs during injury time.

Oh but there is.

Because those injury time substitutions are about more than merely running down the clock.

They are actually more about disrupting the flow of the losing, attacking team’s play.....it is designed to stop momentum.

And adding more time on does not address that aspect of it.

Banning injury time subs is an idea whose time has come ;)

Oh but there is.

Because those injury time substitutions are about more than merely running down the clock.

They are actually more about disrupting the flow of the losing, attacking team’s play.....it is designed to stop momentum.

And adding more time on does not address that aspect of it.

Banning injury time subs is an idea whose time has come ;)
So what happens if I player gets injured then in injury time?

Status
Not open for further replies.