New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a theory that the stadium lenders would not be enamoured by a "gamble" appointment and if true, that view would have carried more than a little weight.

There is much consistency between the appointments of Ancelotti and Benitez. He went for the best he could get on paper.

There is a stone cold logic in that when the emotion is taken out.

The other big point is that the lender is likely to be Usmanov.

You know why they've dragged all this out so long and delayed the official announcement don't you? Its all so they can release the new home kit for next season and probably throw in some stadium news for us to lap up the day before they official confirm it. Kin' hell, the contempt that the people at the top of this club holds us fans in is nothing short of staggering.

"Look Everton fans! Look at the shiny, shiny, positive news! Everything calm and positive!"

You know why they've dragged all this out so long and delayed the official announcement don't you? Its all so they can release the new home kit for next season and probably throw in some stadium news for us to lap up the day before they official confirm it. Kin' hell, the contempt that the people at the top of this club holds us fans in is nothing short of staggering.

"Look Everton fans! Look at the shiny, shiny, positive news! Everything calm and positive!"

….erm, I doubt it.

Starting to look like Moshiri/Usmanov are pushing this through just to make a point that this is their club now. Bastards
The absolute neck of them. Hurry up with the new stadium and tens of millions summer warchest you owner scum. And hire Potter.

But surely there are more variables on leagues position, which has a load of things out of your control, or cup success which has even more things out of your control. So you either don't set a target, or you set one that is probably the fairest way of doing it. I want us to win more games of football.
We could draw at home to 2 of the promoted teams, home and away vs Newcastle, away vs Liverpool and Arsenal. And we'd finish on the same points winning 2 games less.

It means nothing.

Considering Hummel haven’t shown any hints for the home kit over the last 2 weeks, and work started a couple days ago on the stadium, that seems far fetched

Just wait till Rafael wins the first 6 games(and all ARE winnable....)

Why wait? We know what will happen, people were wrong, people are narrow minded, get behind the lads, shame on those who didn’t want him, the true fans can enjoy the wins , Jimmy Nails hit single Fart in the wind will reach no.1 and on and on we go.

Not having this. He needs to improve on this year. 10th place and 59 points is not good enough. If Benitez isn't good enough to finish higher in the league than half of the other clubs and if he can't improve the points total that the current gang of slugs achieved with the worst home record in recent history then he isn't good enough. Some of you need to raise your ambitions.

I don't think we could bring any manager in that could get that total in the first season. I think Carlo knew who he had from his first half a season and worked with what he had. Anyone coming in now won't pay attention to any of that and will start afresh.

My view is similar to @catcherintherye in that points totals matter for progress cos if you're consistent in getting 60 points at least each season, you're a top 6 club on average. 70+ gets you top 4 etc.

I mentioned before that some would be see progress if we'd end up 8th on less points that last season which I find bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.