New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they won’t have to play much under him. He’ll have them set up to play to what they’re capable of, not asking them to play a high pressing sweeping open passing style that they’ll be hopeless at. He’s also a big enough name with the backing of the owner that like with Ancelotti they know they’ll be out before he is. With Silva they knew they could get him fired.
Got you mate, thanks.
Where I think there is a flaw in that plan is that super safe, defensive footy, nicking games narrowly is leaving too much to luck because it requires a return from the strikers which is very hard to sustain. You saw how we dropped off in the second part of last season. I fear “just getting enough wins for safety through defensive footy” could very quickly turn into a real bad run of results with no leaders/winners on the pitch, an unpopular manager and alienated fan base. Quite a potent mix there.
I also think it would be soul-destroying for the few decent players we have - Richarlison, DCL, Godfrey, Digne, Allan, Ducouré.
That said we definitely need a few successful additions ready for the first team to play decent attacking footy or try to anyway. So I can see the argument for a certain sort of set up.
Our lads are not that bothered about the manager IMO. Only their contract matters. If they have two years or more left they are not that bothered whether they are picked or not (maybe international team involvement has a bit of a role to play) so I don’t really see Benitez’ alleged nastiness cutting much ice either. We’ll see.

OK, I'll bite....I think this is getting a bit tiresome now. You clearly don't rate the players, and persist in slagging off the same ones, even (almost) in the same order. I think you are trying too hard to be edgy and controversial, and you're painting everything in black-and-white.

You answered my lengthy post on Friday stating you disagreed with all of it, even when I had cited strengths and weaknesses of the players you're slagging, and made comments such as we're crying out for leaders, like Peter Reid and Andy Gray, for example. Of course, I would expect you to disagree with any positives (as you seemingly see no merit in these players at all) so I must've been wrong about perceived weaknesses etc, because you disagreed with everything. I wasn't going to reply, but you've triggered me!

Now, once again, you make it clear you want a mass clear-out, and will keep banging on about these players being useless. I think we've got the message. But to say these players aren't good enough to play for anyone is plainly absurd. You remind me of a lad I used to see a lot back in the 80's and 90's. Intelligent, with a good job (he's FD and deputy CEO for a major publishing group to this day) but had a completely irrational hatred of Graeme Sharp. That's right, the man who's our no. 2 goalscorer of all time. A serial winner at the club and scorer not just of 159 goals, but of some wonder strikes and vital goals, too. And that's the thing when your views become so negative and twisted; it ends up coming across as deranged as well as really boring.

I really don’t get this call for leadership you keep banging on about. How will that make any of these players better? The difference fb at Reid and Gray made was that they came into a squad of young quality players who just needed some confidence. This is nowhere near the same situation.

You then keep saying I want a mass clear out. I’ve mentioned 4 players there who I think are the worst players in the squad who play regularly for us. Wanting to get rid of four players is not an unreasonable request nor is it a mass clear out. I list them in the same order from back to front, sorry if this seemingly annoys you so much.

As for their strengths I just don’t agree with you on what they are. I just don’t see them. Experience, hard working, I just don’t see this on the pitch, all 4 of them make the most basic errors you’d expect of any player all the time.

When these players have failed continuously under Koeman Silva Allardyce Ancelotti, it’s not a reach to say they probably won’t be able to reach a higher level under anyone.

Bringing up Graeme Sharp just negates your point completely. Me complaining about these 4 players is in no way comparable to slagging off our second highest scorer. None of these 4 will ever do anything that will compare to what he did for the club. They’re not fit to lace his boots.

Not in our current position we can’t. Maybe once we’ve secured finance for the stadium, have it built and a more secure squad with no FPP problems then sure. A relegation right now though would be an utter disaster for us. Why would Moshiri give his investment at possibly its most vulnerable point to an untested novice manager? It would be absolutely crazy which is why he didn’t do it. It’s a very very difficult job at the moment due to FPP problems and the lack of quality in the squad. We can’t have a bloke learning on the job.

Our position is currently 31 points clear of relegation with double the points of the side who finished 18th. If we can't take a risk now, we will never take a risk.

I would like to see an improvement in the playing style. If that means coming 10th again but in the meantime getting another 2 or 3 players in who look like they'll help us in the future I'll take it.

Fair enough. So essentially you are happy to take some short term reduction in performance for longer term gains and more enjoyable football?

We arent an elite club so we have to find the next top players and managers before they establish themselves. We havent been able to do that in years and thats why we've been so unsuccessful. We've tried to take shortcuts and overpay on average experienced players and its been pretty disastrous.
This is the obvious strategy, it certainly makes more sense than what we've been doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.