New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already written. He's going to come in and do well and we'll have to put up with ''Rafael is a legend on both sides of the city''.

Appointing Rafael is some proper uninspiring stuff but I have a feeling we will sign a good winger and we'll end up in Europe.

Buy Schick.

Not in our current position we can’t. Maybe once we’ve secured finance for the stadium, have it built and a more secure squad with no FPP problems then sure. A relegation right now though would be an utter disaster for us. Why would Moshiri give his investment at possibly its most vulnerable point to an untested novice manager? It would be absolutely crazy which is why he didn’t do it. It’s a very very difficult job at the moment due to FPP problems and the lack of quality in the squad. We can’t have a bloke learning on the job.
The strategy that you are endorsing is the same strategy that got us in the FPP mess that we are in! It's been a complete failure from day one of Moshiri's reign. An up and coming top manager is not the same as an untested novice. Valencia had Koeman, an experienced manager, he was a complete disaster. They were in a financial mess had just avoided relegation but appointed Emery who was an up and coming manager, he got them up to 6th in first season then finished 3rd for three years running. All the time the club was in a financial mess and there was a massive surplus on player sales, there was even a period when the players didn't get paid. Let's not pretend that there is only one option in the situation we are in.

It's already written. He's going to come in and do well and we'll have to put up with ''Rafael is a legend on both sides of the city''.

Appointing Rafael is some proper uninspiring stuff but I have a feeling we will sign a good winger and we'll end up in Europe.

Buy Schick.
He’s not my first choice but if we all think he’s a legend after his time here then I’ll take that

It's more just getting people to concretely outline what success looks like.
It's you trying to get someone to put a number on something that has many variables so you can judge them with no evidence that they are right or wrong. And then, if at the end of the season, if the points are fewer and the position is higher, or vice versa, you are never wrong.

I wouldn't put a number on points with any manager taking over this team. We could appoint Guardiola and I wouldn't immediately expect 70+ points.
It's just a really pointless point to try and make putting someone on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.