New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very interested in Thomas Frank

Finding the up and coming top manager is how we bridge the gap. The club haven't even bothered trying to find that person. They've given up trying.
Exactly. And this is despite paying a DoF millions for exactly this purpose. I can't believe how unprepared for this scenario the club seem to be.

I feel for the lads on here who simply cant accept this appointment. If it was Moyes or Ferguson I'd be the same. It'd be a bitter pill to swallow and I'd be wound up about it. Badly.

However, as I'm sure someone would have told me if it'd turned out that way, "Managers aren't the club. You dont stop wanting the team to win because you have a manager you dont like in the dugout".

And if they had said that I'd have snorted in derision, but it would have been true and eventually I'd get my head around that character being manager.

In short: you have to take this reversal and bury it and keep supporting the team. The average life-span of a manager under that divvy Moshiri is a year anyway, so you wont have too long to put up with it.

Yeah that's why Dunc is talking on ToffeeTV about the fans booing Allardyce and the team off of crap 1-0 wins.

If you think they won't boo him when we're winning then you're wrong. We have done it before.
So the fans are the problem, but I think Rafael can ignore them, he needs to teach the players to do them same

The difference is though that playing ‘entertaining’ football with poor players usually involves you getting beat a lot and heavily, so you don’t end up plodding along in mid table, you end up in a relegation battle when you realise your right back can’t cross a ball, our midfielders can’t put a pass together, the front two can’t link at all, and the starting CBs are as slow as concrete.

As I’ve said before, I can’t see any option but a season or two of ‘solid’ football to maintain position whilst the squad is improved. It’s not a question of a different manager coming in to spark these players to life, some of them have failed under Martinez Koeman Allardyce Silva Ancelotti. You can’t get a much more varied set of managerial styles than that. Why would they play for a Potter if they won’t play for any of them? The sad truth is that the likes of Keane Coleman Davies Siggurdson Gomes aren’t good enough to play for anyone.
Why would they play for Benitez?

I feel for the lads on here who simply cant accept this appointment. If it was Moyes or Ferguson I'd be the same. It'd be a bitter pill to swallow and I'd be wound up about it. Badly.

However, as I'm sure someone would have told me if it'd turned out that way, "Managers aren't the club. You dont stop wanting the team to win because you have a manager you dont like in the dugout".

And if they had said that I'd have snorted in derision, but it would have been true and eventually I'd get my head around that character being manager.

In short: you have to take this reversal and bury it and keep supporting the team. The average life-span of a manager under that divvy Moshiri is a year anyway, so you wont have too long to put up with it.

The lashing out is a combination of anger for me personally.

We know this appointment is bad, but it also undermines the whole lie of a project.

- It undermines the DOF. What is the point of a dof if there is no continuity. (Manager will be gone in 18 months and we will be back here again)

- It undermines the Myth that we want European football.

- It proves Moshiri wants to keep us in the league and has no other goals.

This whole project is a sham. For years I have realised we will never win a Trophy under Moshiri and yet again his actions not words prove my fears.

A cool little strategical structure that our beloved board members have assembled. "When we start losing, we're just going to blame it on the fans".

Eddie Howe are you still available lad?

Ahhh good use of the word divvy. Haven't seen that written out for a long time.

I think for me it's the fact that the appointment reflects the club. So i'm frustrated and disillusioned with the club as a whole, because, we have got so much going for us - especially in the money - driven franchise - style era of the Premier League - and we're still not making the right decisions about managers, Finch Farm, training, transfers etc. But you're right, I have to get over it and I'm happy to be proven wrong

Benitez is not in the same category as Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and Ancelotti so I don't understand what our strategy is. Of course, I don't want them to lose, but I want them to do well and then build on it. We can't afford to hire and fire like Chelsea and others do. We need to build over a long period.

We know this appointment is bad, but it also undermines the whole lie of a project.

- It undermines the DOF. What is the point of a dof if there is no continuity. (Manager will be gone in 18 months and we will be back here again)

This whole project is a sham. For years I have realised we will never win a Trophy under Moshiri and yet again his actions not words prove my fears.

Signs up a few days ago and done nothing but talk about the stadium not happening, FFP killing Everton, Usmanov being a rapist, Moshiri trying to murder the club and Everton being small forever.

Hmmmmm lol

For me it's not just about him being a poor appointment it's about what the relationship is between the club and me as a fan. It highlights what I knew already, to be honest, that I'm a nuisance at best and an irrelevance at worst. I'd fallen out of love with elite football in general years ago but had clung on, nostalgically probably, to what I thought was my club. This isn't my club anymore, it belongs to oligarchs and international TV audiences, I didn't want to believe it even though I knew it to be true, but I can't ignore it now. I feel like a fool for investing so much time, money and emotional energy in to this for the best part of 40 years, particularly as there has been at least as much misery as joy as a consequence over the years.

I was already at that point before the Benitez situation. That part isn't a revelation to me and so not a cause for anger. I can appreciate others who still bought into this owner might feel anger because of their epiphany.

Status
Not open for further replies.