New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least with Silva you could look at fact he worked in recruitment at clubs previously and he would earmark exciting players like he did with Digne and Richarlison.

There will be no benefits from us having Brands and Benitez . Axis of Evil. I would bet we sign more PL 'proven' crap, and older heads.

Yeah that's why Dunc is talking on ToffeeTV about the fans booing Allardyce and the team off of crap 1-0 wins.

If you think they won't boo him when we're winning then you're wrong. We have done it before.
Booing? Who actually does that? And especially when we are winning.

For me it's not just about him being a poor appointment it's about what the relationship is between the club and me as a fan. It highlights what I knew already, to be honest, that I'm a nuisance at best and an irrelevance at worst. I'd fallen out of love with elite football in general years ago but had clung on, nostalgically probably, to what I thought was my club. This isn't my club anymore, it belongs to oligarchs and international TV audiences, I didn't want to believe it even though I knew it to be true, but I can't ignore it now. I feel like a fool for investing so much time, money and emotional energy in to this for the best part of 40 years, particularly as there has been at least as much misery as joy as a consequence over the years.
We feel cut off and we have no success we have the worst of all worlds.

I would be very interested in Thomas Frank

Finding the up and coming top manager is how we bridge the gap. The club haven't even bothered trying to find that person. They've given up trying.

Is that the type of club we are though? Don't you think that's a Brighton-esque level manager or a club where things aren't expected?

And I completely understand it. It's something I'd want but it would have to be a certain calibre because of the level and expectation but above all handle the pressure.

I feel for the lads on here who simply cant accept this appointment. If it was Moyes or Ferguson I'd be the same. It'd be a bitter pill to swallow and I'd be wound up about it. Badly.

However, as I'm sure someone would have told me if it'd turned out that way, "Managers aren't the club. You dont stop wanting the team to win because you have a manager you dont like in the dugout".

And if they had said that I'd have snorted in derision, but it would have been true and eventually I'd get my head around that character being manager.

In short: you have to take this reversal and bury it and keep supporting the team. The average life-span of a manager under that divvy Moshiri is a year anyway, so you wont have too long to put up with it.

….I wonder if this is a pivotal appointment, not because it alienates a large section of the fans but it means the end of the Kenwright influence at Everton.

I’m only guessing, but if Kenwright is dead against this appointment and it also means the demotion of his beloved Ferguson then perhaps Moshiri is making a statement that the Kenwright days of romantic Everton are gone.

For me it's not just about him being a poor appointment it's about what the relationship is between the club and me as a fan. It highlights what I knew already, to be honest, that I'm a nuisance at best and an irrelevance at worst. I'd fallen out of love with elite football in general years ago but had clung on, nostalgically probably, to what I thought was my club. This isn't my club anymore, it belongs to oligarchs and international TV audiences, I didn't want to believe it even though I knew it to be true, but I can't ignore it now. I feel like a fool for investing so much time, money and emotional energy in to this for the best part of 40 years, particularly as there has been at least as much misery as joy as a consequence over the years.
We had an owner who was an Anfield season ticket holder. Another owner who allowed a stadium scheme to go ahead for the club to be taken out of its birthplace and punted up the road out of the city.

The hiring of Benitez by their present successor is small beer in the disillusionment stakes and my relationship with this club. They dont give a flying one and haven't for decades.

At least with Silva you could look at fact he worked in recruitment at clubs previously and he would earmark exciting players like he did with Digne and Richarlison.

There will be no benefits from us having Brands and Benitez . Axis of Evil. I would bet we sign more PL 'proven' crap, and older heads.
I mean we’re signing an early 20s Brazilian midfielder, been linked with an early 20s Dutch right back and two of our older players are linked with moves away

Is that the type of club we are though? Don't you think that's a Brighton-esque level manager or a club where things aren't expected?

And I completely understand it. It's something I'd want but it would have to be a certain calibre because of the level and expectation but above all handle the pressure.

We arent an elite club so we have to find the next top players and managers before they establish themselves. We havent been able to do that in years and thats why we've been so unsuccessful. We've tried to take shortcuts and overpay on average experienced players and its been pretty disastrous.

….I wonder if this is a pivotal appointment, not because it alienates a large section of the fans but it means the end of the Kenwright influence at Everton.

I’m only guessing, but if Kenwright is dead against this appointment and it also means the demotion of his beloved Ferguson then perhaps Moshiri is making a statement that the Kenwright days of romantic Everton are gone.
A positive happenstance of the Benitez affair then.

I was already at that point before the Benitez situation. That part isn't a revelation to me and so not a cause for anger. I can appreciate others who still bought into this owner might feel anger because of their epiphany.

The Moshiri question has always been a case of. - "Do not put your trust in princes".

We had an owner who was an Anfield season ticket holder. Another owner who allowed a scheme to go ahead for the club to be taken out of its birthplace and piunted up the road out of the city.

The hiring of Benitez is small beer in the disillusionemnt stakes and my relationship with this club. They dont give a flying one and haven't for decades.
I know, it's been a horror show for decades but this is enough for me now. There comes a point where you are choosing to be the architect of your own misery and I'm done with doing that. I'll still keep an eye out for Everton's results but I won't be organising my weekends around them or missing social occasions to watch them on TV, it's just not important enough.

We’re Evertonians not Benitezonions
I'm having that mate - Benitez onions!
73D4AFAC-2615-44A4-BE00-B5C912C8D1C0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.