New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they play for Benitez?

Because they won’t have to play much under him. He’ll have them set up to play to what they’re capable of, not asking them to play a high pressing sweeping open passing style that they’ll be hopeless at. He’s also a big enough name with the backing of the owner that like with Ancelotti they know they’ll be out before he is. With Silva they knew they could get him fired.

Reactions: Lob
I would be very interested in Thomas Frank

Finding the up and coming top manager is how we bridge the gap. The club haven't even bothered trying to find that person. They've given up trying.

Thomas Frank who brought Brentford up via a play off win? He’d be an absolutely humongous gamble. Just because Brentford were flavour of the month doesn’t mean he is in any way qualified to do the job that is needed here.

Thomas Frank who brought Brentford up via a play off win? He’d be an absolutely humongous gamble. Just because Brentford were flavour of the month doesn’t mean he is in any way qualified to do the job that is needed here.

I reckon Silva really hit Moshiri's confidence/trust in hiring younger managers. I remember when he appointed Ancelotti he made a comment on how due to the pressure from tha fans/size of the club you need an experienced hand who can handle the pressure.

I think going forward most of our managers will be of the Ancelotti/Benitez mould unless a top level manager is available who actually would take the job.

No one answers because it’s a stupid question unless you have a crystal ball, I’ll ask you the same question tell me how many points will Spurs and CP get more than they achieved last season because they are going to be in the same boat as us.
Teams above us ,around us and below us will strengthen , teams that came up may fair better than the teams that went down, our home record may match our away record and vise versa Your trying to set a target to hit him with but if he gets us 2 places higher with less points that’s classed as a failure in your head

It's not asking how many points do you think we will get, but more what points target would you be happy with the new manager achieving for it to be considered a good season.

My view is if funds are made available, I'd like to see us increase on last season's points total.

The justification I would assume for bringing in Benitez is a safe pair of hands leading up to the ground move.
If this is the case why did they not go back for Moyes?
Three weeks ago I would not have said that but 3 weeks ago I would not have believed we were about to offer it to Benitez.
Moyes would not have been universally acceptable but at least there are some positives.
Can create a good team spirit
Can spot a player
Understands the club

Left the club in a Snidey way but I think he had his head turned by people telling him he was better than he was but I don't think he would make that mistake again.
Come back Moysie all is forgiven

There's an argument though, that these are the sort of gambles clubs in our position have to take.

We had an owner who was an Anfield season ticket holder. Another owner who allowed a stadium scheme to go ahead for the club to be taken out of its birthplace and punted up the road out of the city.

The hiring of Benitez by their present successor is small beer in the disillusionment stakes and my relationship with this club. They dont give a flying one and haven't for decades.

Who was that owner with an Anfeild season ticket?

So? If you'd have asked me in March how many points we'd get, I would've said a lot more than 59. Why would guessing at this point have any bearing on anything?

Under Moyes we got 61 points, 2 more than last year, and finished 4th.

Under Martinez we got 72 points and finished 5th.

Under Silva we got 54, 5 points less than last season, and finished 8th.

I could say we will get x amount of points and ultimately it means nothing unless it's stupidly high or low.

It's more just getting people to concretely outline what success looks like.

I asked him the same thing, he wouldn't give me an answer. All he told me was 59 points was unrealistic, which given we literally just got that total with this exact squad of players seemed odd to me.

Has he had a long posting history on here? It's an awful thing to say, but he doesn't come across as a blue to me, but that's just off our interaction so could be wrong.

If he thinks 59 points is unrealistic that's a fair enough view, but explain how? Why would getting the same total Ancelotti got would be unrealistic. Are we going to have to sell our best players or whatever?

The FSW unveils his first 3 Everton signings.

Rafael.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.