New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to claim credit for this.

If you was RB and seeing all the fans against your appointment would you still want the job? Would you still want to put yourself through that with you and your family living so close to the area?

AND why are the board continuing with this? Anyone and everyone have told them it is devisive and would be a mistake..........

I'm broadly with you but if we're taking an Abramovich approach to managers (we have had 6 in five years if you count Dunc compared with 24 in the prior 125 years) then there has to be continual improvement or we're just bleeding money. I'm all for a rebuild, I'd just prefer it to be with a young, modern manager who is prepared to bring through younger more dynamic players (which is exactly what Brands said he wanted to do), I just don't trust Benitez to do it. I'm not sure he's done it anywhere, people talk about Valencia but Cuper had some cracking players in the squad he handed over.

That Abramovich approach works when you have world class talent. We barely have a squad of average players so no idea what we're doing.

And ideally if you're playing Chairman Manager, you'd bring in the younger forward thinking manager, gets backed (Brands does his job) and he's given 3 years to build a team/style. That means keeping with the manager through poor league positions and rocky periods.

But said manager has to be sold to cope and deliver a different agenda. The focus would be on building and not league positions/trophies. The dream would be to do both but then you're looking for a unicorn of a manager or keeping the faith with them for Moyes-like time frame.

Mosh has invested too much to look back and press the restart IMO. He'll want safer hands, someone with credentials, stature, and able to cope in the prem.

If it is Rafael I am very interested in what his ideas and goals are. If he says consistency or foundations to compete, I'll show an interest. If he rolls out the "top 6 champions league" guff then he's doomed to fail.

If you was RB and seeing all the fans against your appointment would you still want the job? Would you still want to put yourself through that with you and your family living so close to the area?

AND why are the board continuing with this? Anyone and everyone have told them it is devisive and would be a mistake..........

I can think of a few million reasons Benitez might be interested

It starts and ends with the millions a year he will earn, guaranteed under contract even if sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.