New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok mate. Remember watching Wolves tearing us a new one 3-0 and thinking I'd like some of that. Wolves were as poor as us this season but their two main forwards were either injured or not there in Jota's case, then Netto got a bad injury. How do you think we would have done last season without Ritchie and DCL ?
They have more depth than us in the forward positions. Even without Neto and Jimenez there is still Traore, Podence, Fabio Silva, that young English lad and they even added Willian Jose in January. Comparing it to us losing Richarlison and DCL is not the same because our next in line would be, what?, Sigurdsson?

I thought bar last season, they've looked impressive every time we've played them in those first two seasons. You've got to give credit where it's due sometimes. We were awful that day but they were also very efficient, well coached and clinical.

Did you even watch that 3-2 game at Goodison? They were Stoke on steroids, appalling side to watch. Go back to the match thread and look at the posts on the day, pretty much unanimously calling them cloggers.

Ok mate. Remember watching Wolves tearing us a new one 3-0 and thinking I'd like some of that. Wolves were as poor as us this season but their two main forwards were either injured or not there in Jota's case, then Netto got a bad injury. How do you think we would have done last season without Ritchie and DCL ?
Our midfield that day was Baines, Walcott, Sigurdson, Davies, Gordon. We played Digne Mina and Keane in a back three. 3-0 is basically an underwhelming performance against that.

It just proved to me that half (or more) of the people advocating Nuno have never seen his side play beyond MOTD highlights against us.

They have more depth than us in the forward positions. Even without Neto and Jimenez there is still Traore, Podence, Fabio Silva and they even added Willian Jose in January. Comparing it to us losing Richarlison and DCL is not the same because our next in line would be, what?, Sigurdsson?

Wouldn't you like some of their forwards here, doesn't sound that boring to me lol.

Listen, if people want to back the Everton manager then fine, obviously I’m not going to have a problem with doing that. But I have no idea why people feel the need to lie about his Wolves team playing good football.
They don't play some sort of free flowing footie but think shouts of his football being really bad is OTT.

Did you even watch that 3-2 game at Goodison? They were Stoke on steroids, appalling side to watch. Go back to the match thread and look at the posts on the day, pretty much unanimously calling them cloggers.
And they have also beaten us comfortably in other games so it shows he's flexible.

"[Nuno gave] £250,000 of his own money to help impoverished families in Wolverhampton, donated in January. Nuno’s money has meant hundreds of crisis families could put food on the table. It’s provided tablet computers for homes that couldn’t afford technology for children to learn during lockdown.

He...wanted to do something for the city, feeling passionately that people who were suffering should be helped. Discussions were had as to the best way to channel his money and the notion of kids simply not having food on their tables resonated most of all, with food poverty a huge problem in Wolverhampton.

He just got it. He understood what this sleeping giant needed, he understood what success meant to the club, to the city."

If he gets the job he'll fit in here. That's the type we need at the club.
If you didn't like him you would laugh that point out of town as not relevant.

And you know it.

Listen, if people want to back the Everton manager then fine, obviously I’m not going to have a problem with doing that. But I have no idea why people feel the need to lie about his Wolves team playing good football.
Any manager getting beaten 4-0 by West Ham and Burnley in the same season should have their coaches license revoked - Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.