New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is confirmed, then I’ll back him and give him a chance like I would any new manager.
Plus looking forward to signing some class Portuguese players.

I was absolutely mate up getting ancelotti and expected us to be making huge progress, reality I got was the worst football I’ve ever seen us play for 6 months. So going forward I’ll base my opinion on the managers performance with us rather than a previous record elsewhere.

Too many of the deadwood show limpet like tendencies. Plus the silly contracts they have mean it'll be another season at least of similar at best.
I agree we won’t be able to clear out everyone in one go but let’s say four slugs out and five or six pacey players in and my point is we could play a different way next season

That's one of the two big concerns I have for him really. I asked the Wolves fan's who came on a few weeks ago the exact same thing. How will he do if he's not getting fed lots of Mendes clients and "preferential" rates?

I mean there may still be some relationship with Mendes, and Moshiri works closely to agents, but I can't see it matching what happened at Wolves.

The 2nd concern is he seems to have hit a glass ceiling at 59 points with Wolves. We are at 59 points. So is he able to go beyond this?

Back to that original point though, I do wonder the implications for Brands who appears to have had a promotion of sorts. Is the Mendes link now just another cook in the kitchen? We have to be careful of the Mendes stuff too, for a couple of years it was fantastic, but last summer he seemed to move a lot of good players on and replace them with some quite expensive flops for Wolves.
Mendes brought James to us last season , Nuno is also a client ( in fact i think he was Mendes's very 1st client)
Looks like Moshiri trusts him ( & Joorabchin ) and they certainly have access to a lot of talent.
He could very well push the likes of Goncalo Guedes & Trincao our way.

It would be a far better strategy than hire manager , he brings expensive players he wants. Manager gets sacked , rinse and repeat.
If Brands can work with these people then its only positive going forward.

We really cant go on they way we've been these last 5 years.

Have to say I'm underwhelmed if this turns out to be true. Another roll of the dice appointment. That said i'll back him if/when it happens and hope for the best. Can't see him taking us forward though and stability seems to be the extent of our ambition.

Im not a big fan of this appointment, but what I will say, having seen a lot of championship matches, his wolves side played some decent stuff, finishing 7th in two seasons in the prem is good going. I think last season was badly affected by the jiminez injury for them. But I don’t believe this is a good enough appointment for Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.