New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, if people want to back the Everton manager then fine, obviously I’m not going to have a problem with doing that. But I have no idea why people feel the need to lie about his Wolves team playing good football.
This. He's never been known as a progressive coach in his entire career and that won't magically change here.

I'm OK with this. Wolves have been alright and played some attractive football when I've watched them.
I'm sort of ok with it, but it's not exciting or hopeful. Even Silva gave me a bit more hope just cos we'd seen flashes at Watford and Hull. At wolves though he may have just reached as far as he could, but really teams like Wolves don't make sense to me. What else is he gonna do apart from the occasional top 6, a cup run, but definite security in the PL ? That's what he's given them. Owners and fans really have short-term memories.

More importantly though, it really bothers me that Neither Moshiri or Brands have a strategy.

Even under Brands, the managers have been Silva Allardyce & someone different - three very very different managers, different age, nationality, profile, tactics. I thought the whole point of the DoF structure is to have a consistency in transfers, playing styles and professional development.
Looking back to 6 managers, look at the difference!!
Koeman
Allardyce
Silva
Ancelotti

What is going on

I just want someone who plays 433 - by far our best formation.

Not for me - 343 is alright but you need two mobile top drawer CM's to pull it off which I don't think we have.

Dave with the going-against-type and supporting an er 'pragmatic', shall we say, coach is the development i was least expecting here.

I'm just a bit nea about the whole thing. What I want to see are some transfers OUT

He’s been here two seasons and had about 3 decent games and contributed very little in terms of goals or assists.
Unlike Gylfi who has actually contributed and you hound on a daily basis.
You are a very confused individual my friend.
Weekly Thomas, not daily. Please get it right.

I’m disappointed in your views in Alex, he could do a stellar job in Nuno’s 3-4-3 total football philosophy

:coffee:

That’s not what we’re discussing here though, we’re talking about his style of play.
Yes it is what we're talking about, different styles in different games. Season before last no one, absolutely no one, was hanging a drum that Wolves play dire football. Just pure recency bias this based on an under par season for which there are many rational explanations.

If there is any truth in these nuno rumours (which I doubt) then brands might as well leave now. There is no point having a conflict of interest at that level.

Secondly it would be a massively underwhelming appointment. I get that he appears to have a level of charisma and did have one or 2 good seasons with a team consisting of players signed by Jorge mendes who were all of the quality to expect to have them good seasons. Other than that? What has he done.

Why him? Because he's not English? I just can't see the justification for it. You might as well just give it to Dunc for a season and let Brands do his work with transfers. I really don't think these rumours are true though, if Brands was in charge of the appointment process (which we are led to belive), then nuno would be last on his list.

Weekly Thomas, not daily. Please get it right.

I’m disappointed in your views in Alex, he could do a stellar job in Nuno’s 3-4-3 total football philosophy
But he has no particularly good attributes and runs like he’s shat his kex.
Seen enough to form the opinion he’s not even PL standard.

Moshiri and Brands are at the core of the problems we have.
CA was seen as a great appointment.
He left and I don't see how Moshiri and Brands can be blamed for that.

I think there is not a single appointment that would meet with universal approval.

I have seen posts saying Nuno will be gone in eighteen months.
If we appointed Conte there would be those saying he will be gone in eighteen months.

Sometimes you can't win, so you do what you think is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.