New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how is that Evertons/the Boards fault? Are you surprised the likes of Gaulitier, Conte etc. turned us down? Even if we did approach them (and I for one don't believe we ever did).

We are NOT an attractive preposition.

Behave.
Everton is a VERY attractive proposition. Financially sound with a mega-rich silent investor, state of the art new ground on the agenda, solid fan-base, rich history with the potential to become an absolute Everton legend by actually winning something or failing and getting a job with one of Europe’s premier teams ( like Koeman and Ancelotti) or a top national team (like Bobby). What’s not attractive there?

Oh, and a salary of £6M-11M a year for underachievers.

If that’s not attractive then he’ll knows what is!

Yes it is what we're talking about, different styles in different games. Season before last no one, absolutely no one, was hanging a drum that Wolves play dire football. Just pure recency bias this based on an under par season for which there are many rational explanations.

Please see above for your recency bias.

He's a slug and football is full of them. What do we do, not deal with anyone who has an agent?
Oh, I agree agents are a necessary evil but in this case the relationship is unusually close and ,for me at any rate, slightly unpalatable.
Agents are a disease to be kept at arms length ,if they become too closely involved in the body of the club they can cause great damage to its integrity.
In my opinion anyway.

Our midfield that day was Baines, Walcott, Sigurdson, Davies, Gordon. We played Digne Mina and Keane in a back three. 3-0 is basically an underwhelming performance against that.

It just proved to me that half (or more) of the people advocating Nuno have never seen his side play beyond MOTD highlights against us.

Oh come on, they played us off the park, give credit where it's due for Christs sake. I would have preferred Galtier but it looks like it's not happening. The way I see it he brought a struggling Wolves team up into theorem and turned them into a solid team that played in Europe for 2 out of 3 seasons, only last season failed, like us due to injuries. Hoping he will do better with better facilities and more financial backing. Every single manager is a gamble Orly, but if it is him, what is the point of turning on him even before he's started ? I'm sick and tired of our managerial merry go round and sick and tired about going on about stability, but that's what we need.

Its only more talks with Nuno ....the last lot failed as they did with Crystal Palace ....... don't hold your breath ..... for more breakdowns..... evidently he wanted a large mass of his own back up staff...

Unfortunately we're getting the manager who couldn't get them to score goals rather than the players or even the guy who signed them.

They seemed to have scored the previous seasons though, Wolves like us had an awful year with injuries. I would have loved Netto before his injury, he would have been perfect for us imo.

I'm sort of ok with it, but it's not exciting or hopeful. Even Silva gave me a bit more hope just cos we'd seen flashes at Watford and Hull. At wolves though he may have just reached as far as he could, but really teams like Wolves don't make sense to me. What else is he gonna do apart from the occasional top 6, a cup run, but definite security in the PL ? That's what he's given them. Owners and fans really have short-term memories.

More importantly though, it really bothers me that Neither Moshiri or Brands have a strategy.

Even under Brands, the managers have been Silva Allardyce & someone different - three very very different managers, different age, nationality, profile, tactics. I thought the whole point of the DoF structure is to have a consistency in transfers, playing styles and professional development.
Looking back to 6 managers, look at the difference!!
Koeman
Allardyce
Silva
Ancelotti

What is going on
Moshiris strategy is - im the boss, I speak, you listen.
Brands also has a strategy - do what the boss tells him

Allardcye at Newcastle and West Ham was a good example of what happens when an agent gets power at a club.. With players who switched to Mark Curtis who just happened to be Allardyce's agent getting preferential treatment.

I'd be happy with Nuno. His Wolves team were severely hampered by Jimenez injury and sale of Jota.
I think he has an eye for a player and builds solid teams with an attacking threat. Ditch Brands though. No idea what that fella gets paid for. Our recruitment for the last 3-5 years has been shocking.

Oh, I agree agents are a necessary evil but in this case the relationship is unusually close and ,for me at any rate, slightly unpalatable.
Agents are a disease to be kept at arms length ,if they become too closely involved in the body of the club they can cause great damage to its integrity.
In my opinion anyway.
I'm 67, we are what we are...middle of the league team and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Its only more talks with Nuno ....the last lot failed as they did with Crystal Palace ....... don't hold your breath ..... for more breakdowns..... evidently he wanted a large mass of his own back up staff...

Don't know about you Joey, but I think we could do with a new broom throughout our club, whether Nuno gets the job or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.