New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
692BAF02-587A-4C12-BFF3-9DD561C3ABF2.jpeg

Really good interesting post Steven.
There are a number of issues that I have with your boy
1. I'm not sure that he has the gravitas or personality to impose himself on our squad. In short our bunch of losers and wasters will walk all over him
2. There are other far better qualified coaches available.
3. Brighton have had the same problem for some time ( play neat football but can't score) and he had failed to address this.
4. Apparently he struggles to cope with criticism. God help him at a big club.
5. His lack of charisma , achievement and standing in the game would make him a very underwhelming choice particularly after the Ancelotti debacle. To that end he will be starting in a difficult position, trying to win over sceptical fans.

All in all I think we can and should do better. That is not to say that he is a bad coach or without merit.
Can't comment on his personal attributes. I've no idea. On better qualified coaches, we'll have to agree to disagree. When you've got Pepe as a fanboy, he must have something about him.

I'd agree though that this stats v reality gap is a huge issue. The stats suggest his style works but needs top notch strikers. Our Championship standard forwards aren't good enough. But top strikers are the ones with highest price & most volatile in value. Any chairman taking the plunge and hiring him either has to have top strikers already or prepared to fork out for new ones. Could be though that Potter's pretty football has no end product and a detrimental effect on the forwards, like Benteke has at Palace. That investment is a massive risk for any club that isn't in Manchester. We'll know the answer at the end of next season.

*Atsu

Atsu was on loan. He barely got to manage Niasse before he left. McGeady was crap like.

He also got Barry, McCarthy, Deulofeu and Holgate (seems less of a deal currently..) and started the careers of Barkley and Stones.

He is not without merit. As with most things regarding Everton the truth is somewhere in the middle but everyone thinks in such black and white ways.
Bless you

The pedigree? He isnt a dog is he? He got Brighton playing very good football. Only thing missing was someone converting goal chances. If you look at our game at Brighton, it was like Brighton had the world class coach and million pounds players.

Played man city off the park aswell and beat them.
When Everton played man city i was calling for the final whistle after 30 minutes because of the embarrassment. Both home and away.
One of the biggest issues potter would have if he came to Everton would be the turned up snobbery noses of some Everton fans. We aint won a trophy in 26 years. All we do is exist in this league and not challenge anyone or anything.
You aint got nothing to be snobbish over.

Status
Not open for further replies.