New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would quite rightly tell us to do one anyway.
Because of the healthy compensation package we gave him when we told him it wasn't working? The way we ruined his career with him going on to get one of the biggest national jobs in modern football? Or the fact he stated he has "unfinished business" with us?

I don't want him back here for one second, but there's no chance him or Moyes would tell us to do one.

Better manager performs better with better players.
Agree but the sign of a really good manager is performing on a level above the players ability through tactics or coaching etc, a manager that can get the most out of the players at his disposal is what we need to be looking at.

I don`t get the Potter shouts, finished exactly where they have been under Hughton, they are where they probably should be.

I'm singing from the same hymn sheet as you: no to Roberto for me.

He gave us a go and couldn't shift the cultural dial of the club back far enough to impose a possession based game on us. And he'd have that problem again.

Some (many or even most) Evertonians seem to want a direct long ball style of play. They rejected the school of science.
Nope, all incorrect and non factual, just the opinion of an obsessive weirdo on the internet.

He gave us
Alcaraz
Etsu
McGeady
Niasse

he was an arse clown of the highest order.

Like 99.9% of you all, I have close to zero knowledge of the foreign options, and the style of play and player they like to use - so won't comment on those possibilities.
Hang on! You mean you aren't gonna comment on stuff you know nothing about? That's not at all in the spirit of this forum, and virtually blasphemy, come to that. Everyone surely realises that the less you know about something, the more you have to say about it, the louder you get, and the more aggressive you have to be toward anyone who disagrees with you.

You deserve banning, in my view.

Agree but the sign of a really good manager is performing on a level above the players ability through tactics or coaching etc, a manager that can get the most out of the players at his disposal is what we need to be looking at.

I don`t get the Potter shouts, finished exactly where they have been under Hughton, they are where they probably should be.
I'm in a similar camp mate. I thought Brighton were frustrating as hell to watch.
They progressed the ball well in midfield but other than that they defended poorly and the couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo! I remember against us they had a corner in the dying minutes and they took a short one and wasted it. In fact i think every corner against us was a short one they did nothing with and that comes from the manager.

Because of the healthy compensation package we gave him when we told him it wasn't working? The way we ruined his career with him going on to get one of the biggest national jobs in modern football? Or the fact he stated he has "unfinished business" with us?

I don't want him back here for one second, but there's no chance him or Moyes would tell us to do one.

National jobs are not big jobs by their very nature, especially for a young manager.

Why would he want to come back to a club who booed his team when they were 3-0 up and who called him a fraud (the most tedious term in football currently for me).

He would have better offers anyway.

Moyes would come back if he wasn't at West ham currently. He is still rebuilding his career there. He would be daft to leave.

Nope, all incorrect and non factual, just the opinion of an obsessive weirdo on the internet.

He gave us
Alcaraz
Etsu
McGeady
Niasse

*Atsu

Atsu was on loan. He barely got to manage Niasse before he left. McGeady was crap like.

He also got Barry, McCarthy, Deulofeu and Holgate (seems less of a deal currently..) and started the careers of Barkley and Stones.

He is not without merit. As with most things regarding Everton the truth is somewhere in the middle but everyone thinks in such black and white ways.

He gave us
Alcaraz
Etsu
McGeady
Niasse

Roberto did a great job coaching Moyes’ team with Lukaku and Barry loans on top but when it came to buying players, aside from making those loans permanent, he was as damaging as even Koeman to our future squad - you even missed Kone from your list!

I would suggest that Roberto added spirit and attack mindedness to a solid group of players... perhaps similar to what Duncan Ferguson managed against Chelsea with a less good group of players... but I might just be saying that to wind up Davek

*Atsu

Atsu was on loan. He barely got to manage Niasse before he left. McGeady was crap like.

He also got Barry, McCarthy, Deulofeu and Holgate (seems less of a deal currently..) and started the careers of Barkley and Stones.

He is not without merit. As with most things regarding Everton the truth is somewhere in the middle but everyone thinks in such black and white ways.
Forgot how boss McCarthy was before his injury, like a ginger Kante, he was everywhere

National jobs are not big jobs by their very nature, especially for a young manager.

Why would he want to come back to a club who booed his team when they were 3-0 up and who called him a fraud (the most tedious term in football currently for me).

He would have better offers anyway.

Moyes would come back if he wasn't at West ham currently. He is still rebuilding his career there. He would be daft to leave.
Professional coaches won't be thinking of previous/potential boos, they'll be weighing up their ability with the standard of players they can now attain and work with and with a job much bigger than the ones they currently hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.