New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would 100% have Potter over Conte, im starting to think he is our best options out of the managers we know about
I agree I think Potter is the best thing to go with based on the lack of options.

that being said I’d love to see Conte’s reaction to players like Delph or Iwobi as he might be the one strong enough to force the deadwood out of the club once and for all whereas Potter might try to polish that turd so to speak

I've narrowed my choices for manager down to

Atkinson (Ron)
Bassett ( Dave )
Curbishley ( Alan )
Dyche ( Sean )
Eriksson ( Sven Goran )
Francis ( Terry or Gerry )
Grant ( Avram )
Hodgson ( Roy )
Ince ( Paul )
Jol ( Martin )
Keegan ( Kevin )
Lambert ( Paul )
McCarthy ( Mick of course )
Neil (Alex)
O'Neill ( Martin )
Pardew ( Alan)
Quieroz ( Carlos )
Redknapp ( Harry )
Sanchez ( Lawrie )
Tigana ( Jean )
Unsworth ( David )
Vialli ( Gianluca )
Wagner ( David )
Xavi (Hernadez Creus)
Yems ( John )
Zola ( Gianfranco)

@Seathestars as you can see I already put Sven Goran of the Erikksson on my list of probables.

Not surprised to see him on SSN probably begging for the job

I agree I think Potter is the best thing to go with based on the lack of options.

that being said I’d love to see Conte’s reaction to players like Delph or Iwobi as he might be the one strong enough to force the deadwood out of the club once and for all whereas Potter might try to polish that turd so to speak
The thing is we aren't moving everyone this summer. So we need to get some people playing better that are staying. Delph and Iwobi are most likely on that list. And tbh neither imo is so bad that (health permitting) they couldn't have a bigger impact next year with better management. So while we need the manager to clear out and get the players who fit his style we also in the near term need to work with what we have.

Have we really fallen this low?

I don’t personally believe we have.

The new manager will be neither of these, nor Moyes, nor Ferguson.
I'm not sure what we've done in the last 25 years to warrant being snobby about who we appoint as manager tbh.

It should purely be down to ability as a coach and manager, if Potter has that (which I think he has) then great.

The RS appointed the manager of a relatively newly promoted side that was finishing midtable and hadn't achieved anything at that point. Rodgers nearly won them a league title and is now doing good things with Leicester. If they can "stoop" to signing someone who isn't a name then we definitely can.

Need to go back to the drawing board.

Experience and Winners have achieved nothing but short term pain when they were brought in for short term gain.

We need a longer term vision, both in hungry players and in up and coming Managers.

Graham Potter falls into that bracket. He's a Manager who's got a really good reputation, can build a Clube/Team, gives a team an identity as well. He'll be grateful for the job so will want to grow with the Club, not someone who only wanted £10m a year to be here and looks down on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.