New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually feel sorry for our next Manager without even knowing him. Something is seriously wrong opin the fabric of our once great club and whoever he is will inherit a team of slow, can’t be arsed footy players.
I suppose 6 or 7 million a year salary helps but it’s still cruel.

I don’t know what to expect really (even if confirmed). I think patience will be required and a season or so of scrapping before any real benefit comes through.
Think that will go for both of us, perhaps even Spurs too - big appointments for all 3 clubs and they have to be right. The league is an animal though and patience is not something we can afford sometimes

Last edited:
I actually feel sorry for our next Manager without even knowing him. Something is seriously wrong opin the fabric of our once great club and whoever he is will inherit a team of slow, can’t be arsed footy players.
I suppose 6 or 7 million a year salary helps but it’s still cruel.
Potter is on 1m a year at Brighton, we will triple his salary, but we aint paying him 7m.

Brighton finished 16th on 41 points and it looked to me like they played for the Manager.
My concern is this lot we’ve got wouldn’t play for him and we’d sink.
In all honesty I’d be more concerned for him and his future in the game, our lot would ruin him.
Unless he’s tough on discipline, of that I’m not sure.

A number of them are out of contract within the next year. Another batch are likely to be in the "sell" pile as well.

Wouldn't worry about that to be honest mate.

Brighton finished 16th on 41 points and it looked to me like they played for the Manager.
My concern is this lot we’ve got wouldn’t play for him and we’d sink.
In all honesty I’d be more concerned for him and his future in the game, our lot would ruin him.
Unless he’s tough on discipline, of that I’m not sure.
He does have a substitute teacher image alright.

Though we got little to nothing from Mr. Super-Duper Ancelotti either.

It isn't a reason to appoint Potter, but can't dismiss him either.

From what I've read he isn't one for throwing cups in the dressing room but he may have his own style of working with players that works for him.

Strange there's no mention of Ralf Ragneck in the media.

I'd imagine Ralf has had enough with club management now, probably content to wait for a DoF job to open up somewhere.

I like the idea of Potter and his style of play. But he hardly set records at Brighton and was barely treading water throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.