New centre half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unlikely we’d have a chance, but Christensen hasn’t signed his Chelsea contract I believe. On a free in the summer. Also Romangoli at Milan also is a free agent in the summer. These 2 would suit a back 3

Both suited to a back 3 or a deep defence.

Id rather we for a centre back who is more of a Vidic really. Someone altletic, quick and that you wouldnt want to meet in a dark alley.

Just dont think we will be able to afford a cb without one getting sold. Which if is the case i hope the club can atleast look to bring in a player like the zouma deal who can come in and make a difference

Last edited:
Just dont think we will be able to afford a cb without one getting sold. Which if is the case i hope the club can atleast look to bring in a player like the zouma deal who can come in and make a difference

We could have and should have been selling players in the summer if Benitez had bothered to watch our games last season.

1: Matthias Ginter who @ZissouBlue mentioned.

Leader, 28 in a couple of weeks, 46 caps for Germany. Out of contract in the summer.

2: Josko Gvardiol plays for Leipzig and Croatia.
20 in a couple of weeks, very highly rated left footed centre back.

3: Benoit Bediashile plays for Monaco and France u21s.
20 years old, 6'4 physical beast left footed centre back.

4: Edmund Tapsoba plays for Leverkusen and Burkina Faso.
22 years old 6'4 good passer

5: Sven Botman plays for Lille and Holland
22 in a couple of weeks.
Only concern with him is his speed on the turn.

6: Bremer plays for Torino.
24 years old and this season has really gone up a level

7: Ilya Zabarnyi plays for Kiev and Ukraine
19 years old and already has 18 caps and around 60 first team games.
Very highly rated but adding him because of our ownership links and because we signed Mykolenko.
His club rejected €35m bid from the richest club.

Because I followed Everton for 40 years as my second team,

Again, how do you know "a few were told they can go" ?

Being a WBA fan doesnt give you inside info on your 2nd team's players being told they can leave the club...behind closed doors.

Bundesliga bias but all available for like <£20-25m I reckon and would take any & all of them.

Left-Footed

Marton Dardai
Evan Ndicka
Felix Uduokhai
Nayef Aguerd
Moussa Niakhate

Right-Footed

Mario Vuskovic
Nico Schlotterbeck
Bremer
Duje Caleta-Car
Malick Thiaw
Ko Itakura
Jeremiah St. Juste
Marvin Friedrich
Amos Pieper

We have the same centre halfs as last season, in my opinion we defended set peices better than anyone last season now we are useless, dont see the point in bringing in someone new who's going to stand in the same position with the same set peice outcome .

Again, how do you know "a few were told they can go" ?

Being a WBA fan doesnt give you inside info on your 2nd team's players being told they can leave the club...behind closed doors.

@Littlesue is right though. Was reported a list of players we would let go if a club were interested. Mina and James were on the list. Holgate, Kenny, Delph, Gomes were/are too.

Sadly...no bites.

Correct mate, we have a crap coaching team now

Davide Ancellotti seemed to know what he was doing
We had massive problems from set pieces before last season so it seems we are reverting to type.

Personally think we need to move on Holgate, Keane and Mina and totally rebuild but that’s probably not realistic. I’d move on Mina because he’s constantly injured and probably open to a move despite being our best CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.