New centre half

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the chuckle brothers don’t start together against Wolves, they’re a terrible partnership and then throw flapper Pickford into the the mix. I don’t think I could take another 90 mins of watching them.

I feel godfrey could make a good centre back. Has all the qualities. Strong. Quick. Powerful and a decent pass.
Needs coaching on positioning in particular set pieces. But this seems to be a team problem too.

However another center back needed. Unsure who realistically target. But mina is done fitness wise and I would sell keane and holgate for the offer of 1 pound sterling.

What makes you think that?
Young good players, doubt teams would sell unless we fork out massive (again), and you've listed them to be under 25m which I doubt a lot.

Some I wouldn't want to gamble on personally - Dardai, Udokhai have barely played recently. Vuskovic will probably join HSV, plus his loan deal is 2 years I believe? So he's got a year left on that. Schlotterbeck has not played a full consistent season (this is his first one). Thiaw just isn't that good in my opinion, as someone who has sadly watched a fair bit of Schalke.

St. Juste never lived up to the hype he had at Feyenoord, but there's a player in there I suppose.

We have to get someone who instantly slots in as a starter, which is why I listed the two I did. They'd still push the price probably, but maybe worth it.

Young good players, doubt teams would sell unless we fork out massive (again), and you've listed them to be under 25m which I doubt a lot.

Some I wouldn't want to gamble on personally - Dardai, Udokhai have barely played recently. Vuskovic will probably join HSV, plus his loan deal is 2 years I believe? So he's got a year left on that. Schlotterbeck has not played a full consistent season (this is his first one). Thiaw just isn't that good in my opinion, as someone who has sadly watched a fair bit of Schalke.

St. Juste never lived up to the hype he had at Feyenoord, but there's a player in there I suppose.

We have to get someone who instantly slots in as a starter, which is why I listed the two I did. They'd still push the price probably, but maybe worth it.

Can't say I disagree anymore with your unobtainable comment:

Hertha
Frankfurt
Augsburg
Rennes
Mainz
Hajduk/Hamburg
Freiburg
Torino
Marseille
Schalke
Schalke
Mainz
Arminia

If you consider signing players from those teams unobtainable we may as well start shopping at Tranmere instead.

At some point we must take punts on players (like Patterson & Mykolenko) because we haven't got the finances to wait for them to go elsewhere then decide we want them for £50m.

Can't say I disagree anymore with your unobtainable comment:

Hertha
Frankfurt
Augsburg
Rennes
Mainz
Hajduk/Hamburg
Freiburg
Torino
Marseille
Schalke
Schalke
Mainz
Arminia

If you consider signing players from those teams unobtainable we may as well start shopping at Tranmere instead.

At some point we must take punts on players (like Patterson & Mykolenko) because we haven't got the finances to wait for them to go elsewhere then decide we want them for £50m.
Fair, it's why it's opinions like.

Not saying I consider it 100% true, just saying it might be - teams will want to rinse us to the last drop, especially for starters. That said, maybe our new DoF isn't incompetent? Big doubt, as it is us after all, but... maybe? Also Hajduk/HSV is redundant - he's still got a year left on the loan contract after this one, and I doubt he'd just cancel it out of nowhere.

We might have transfer problems if any of the rumours are true as well, which I again hope it's not true.

Also would any of those players want to play in the Championship???

I feel godfrey could make a good centre back. Has all the qualities. Strong. Quick. Powerful and a decent pass.
Needs coaching on positioning in particular set pieces. But this seems to be a team problem too.

However another center back needed. Unsure who realistically target. But mina is done fitness wise and I would sell keane and holgate for the offer of 1 pound sterling.
now thats no good for the FFP now is it!!? At least two surely....

I hope the chuckle brothers don’t start together against Wolves, they’re a terrible partnership and then throw flapper Pickford into the the mix. I don’t think I could take another 90 mins of watching them.

Pickford has had a great season, he’s 100% not the problem.

Fair, it's why it's opinions like.

Not saying I consider it 100% true, just saying it might be - teams will want to rinse us to the last drop, especially for starters. That said, maybe our new DoF isn't incompetent? Big doubt, as it is us after all, but... maybe? Also Hajduk/HSV is redundant - he's still got a year left on the loan contract after this one, and I doubt he'd just cancel it out of nowhere.

We might have transfer problems if any of the rumours are true as well, which I again hope it's not true.

Also would any of those players want to play in the Championship???

Well the list was January 4th and wasn't taking into account relegation or sanctions (not that we'll get those).

Teams might rinse us but we have to be realistic. Do you spend £15-25m on players like those, £25m+ on more established or <£15m on complete punts.

Well the list was January 4th and wasn't taking into account relegation or sanctions (not that we'll get those).

Teams might rinse us but we have to be realistic. Do you spend £15-25m on players like those, £25m+ on more established or <£15m on complete punts.
I can see your point and I agree, and as I said I like those players as choices, but we'll see what happens.

Hopefully we don't get those, but it's still us, you can't discard that.

I also dislike the "established in the Prem" tag tbh, but that might just be me, as people overexert the value of "Prem experience" imo.

I can see your point and I agree, and as I said I like those players as choices, but we'll see what happens.

Hopefully we don't get those, but it's still us, you can't discard that.

I also dislike the "established in the Prem" tag tbh, but that might just be me, as people overexert the value of "Prem experience" imo.

I never said established in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.