Ratcliffe
Mountfield
Reid
Bracewell
Steven
Heath
Sharp
Sheedy

Heath was a much better player than Gray.....however, Gray was fantastic for us. And I also procrastinated between Mountfield and Watson.
True about Heath.

Watson wasmore solid defensively but Mountfield was more of a goal threat

Waits for @Methuselah to trump you all with the 1890-91 team

9C5E15FE-58A8-4701-9E2A-20EB62513240.jpeg

bit disappointed no of them are smoking a pipe tbh

The mid 1980s team was the best that I have seen. Followed by the team.that won the league in 1970. Although I was only 12 then. And only saw that team a few times. Saw the 1980s team many times......
But I also liked this bunch of player's..
G . Woods or D.Lawson
Darracott.......Lyons......McKnaught......Pejic.
Rioch.......King......Dobson......Thomas.
McKenzie......Latchford.
Shame that that mainly bunch of players couldn't have won something. I suppose looking back that a stronger defence might have pushed them over the line........the midfield and attack was great though......

My best Everton all-time select team. From players that I actually saw.
Southall.
Stevens.......Lyons......Labone.......Ratcliffe........Baines.(never actually saw R.Wilson.....K.Newton had taken over).
The Holy Trinity....
Bob Latchford....... G.Linekar. ( Although you could find a case for about 6 or 7 forwards).
One of my favourite ever players was Mike Lyons. So had to find a place for him.
My team lines up.......3-5-2.....

Southall
Coleman Watson Jagielka Baines
Parkinson
Kanchelskis Fellaini Arteta Pienaar
Lukaku

Too soon to include James, but carries on as he is over a significant period of time and he walks into it, the fact Rooney didn't do it here for long enough is the reason he's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.