Name the best Everton lineup you’ve seen in your lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have loved to have seen Bobby Collins he was dumped sold in 1962 before we won the league like Bally he never wanted to leave ... I just missed him - evidently scored 18 goals in one season from midfield for us - sold to Leeds for peanuts they were bottom of the league in the old division 3 - Don Revie knew what he was getting they rose like cream - in 1965 Leeds lost the old 1st division on goal difference in 1965 - got to the FA Cup final to be beat by the other lot - Bobby Collins that year was Footballer of the year,
My question is would he if he had stayed got into your favourite Blues team?if you had the privilege to have seen him play that is?
He came to us when we were relegation fodder hauled us up the table into the top six captained the side - sold as he was deemed to old... Everton that.... as Leeds became our nemesis in the late 1960s.....

1992, I was too young to remember 80s

We haven't had a better DM than Gueye since then IMO

Dya reckon? I mean, other than work rate, do people genuinely think he is a top player? We've had some bad teams over the years, but even in those bad teams, including teams Gueye was in, we've had top players, and there's no shortage of midfielders in that mix. At the very least, I would say Dacourt was better than Gueye in almost every area, barring probably distance covered (i don't there will be any data to confirm or deny this as the stats driven data of today outweighs anything had even 20 years ago) and maybe discipline.

Just amazes me how many people go on about Gueye like he was some difference maker.

Each to their own i guess.

I would have loved to have seen Bobby Collins he was dumped sold in 1962 before we won the league like Bally he never wanted to leave ... I just missed him - evidently scored 18 goals in one season from midfield for us - sold to Leeds for peanuts they were bottom of the league in the old division 3 - Don Revie knew what he was getting they rose like cream - in 1965 Leeds lost the old 1st division on goal difference in 1965 - got to the FA Cup final to be beat by the other lot - Bobby Collins that year was Footballer of the year,
My question is would he if he had stayed got into your favourite Blues team?if you had the privilege to have seen him play that is?
He came to us when we were relegation fodder hauled us up the table into the top six captained the side - sold as he was deemed to old... Everton that.... as Leeds became our nemesis in the late 1960s.....
Yes Joey, I couldn't understand why he left at the time, I think the management thought he was past it! Very skilful, very hot tempered, but a great player. I only picked Dennis Stevens ahead of him in my team because he fitted in to the team ethic a little better, although his skill level and ability to excite were not on Bobby Collins level.

Martyn

Coleman----Jagielka---Lescott----Baines

Arteta---------Barry
James--------------------------------Richarlison

Rooney---------
----------
Lukaku​

Yes Joey, I couldn't understand why he left at the time, I think the management thought he was past it! Very skilful, very hot tempered, but a great player. I only picked Dennis Stevens ahead of him in my team because he fitted in to the team ethic a little better, although his skill level and ability to excite were not on Bobby Collins level.
I know Dennis Stevens had it rough replacing Bobby Collins, but with missing seeing him what was he like as a player- he had been injured - The Catt looked at his age, &,
It was good bye .....
A disastrous transfer very much like Bally......neither of them wanted to leave ..

Dya reckon? I mean, other than work rate, do people genuinely think he is a top player? We've had some bad teams over the years, but even in those bad teams, including teams Gueye was in, we've had top players, and there's no shortage of midfielders in that mix. At the very least, I would say Dacourt was better than Gueye in almost every area, barring probably distance covered (i don't there will be any data to confirm or deny this as the stats driven data of today outweighs anything had even 20 years ago) and maybe discipline.

Just amazes me how many people go on about Gueye like he was some difference maker.

Each to their own i guess.

If I didn't choose Gueye. I would have chosen Barry.

Dacourt was quality, and I was gutted when he left. But we didnt miss him half as much as when Gana left.

Status
Not open for further replies.